The following web links are very useful and interesting to enhance your understanding for the course materials.
- Reaction kinetics: Examples of important rate laws.
- Decay of NO2 gas (shown in red) in the reaction NO2(g) -> NO(g) + 1/2O2(g).
- Effective and ineffective molecular collisions.
- Activation energy.
- Arrhenius calculator.
- Temperature dependence of reaction rates: Plotting Arrhenius equation.
- Take a chemical kinetics quiz (conceptual questions).
- Lock-and-key theory of enzymes action.
- The concept of chemical equilibrium.
- Miscellaneous equilibrium concentration problems with step-by-step solutions.
- Some more equilibrium concentrations problems.
- The Chatelier principle of an interactive steam reforming reaction with coal.
- An interactive Chatelier principle demo (Effect of concentration, pressure and temperature).
Acids and Bases
Acid-Base Equilibria and Solubility Equilibria
- Protons and hydroxyl ions as common ions (Common ion effect).
- Buffer solutions.
- Monitoring an acid-base titration curve.
- Salts and solubility.
- Solubility simulation.
Entropy, Free Energy and Equilibrium
- Reaction of a piece of sodium metal with water is of a highly positive entropy (see the video).
- Another interesting video of sodium reaction with water.
- Relationship between ΔG°, ΔH° and ΔS°.
- Galvanic cell.
- How Zn-Cu galvanic cell works.
- A cell consisting of a zinc electrode and a hydrogen electrode.
- Construct your own electrochemical cell.
- Read and see a movie about lead-storage cell "automobile cells".
- Fuel cell animation.