|Publications||Research||Curriculum Vitae||Optimization Links||Maths Links|
1. Al-Homidan, S. Hybrid methods for solving the educational testing problem. .
2. Sebawe Abdalla M., Ahmed, M.M.A. and Al-Homidan S. Quantum statistics of three modes coupled oscillators. .
3. Al-Homidan S. SQP algorithms for solving Toeplitz matrix approximation problem.
4. Al-Homidan, S. Toeplitz matrix approximation.
5. Al-Homidan, S. Combined methods for approximating Hankel matrix.
6. Al-Homidan S. Hybrid methods for approximating Hankel matrix.
7. Al-Homidan S. and Henry Wolkowicz, Approximate and Exact Completion Problems for Euclidean Distance Matrices using Semidefinite Programming,
8. Al-Homidan S., Structured Methods for Solving Hankel Matrix Approximation Problems,
9. M. M. Alshahrani and Suliman S. Al-Homidan, Mixed semidefinite and second-order cone optimization approach for the Hankel matrix approximation problem,
10. Suliman Al-Homidan and Fletcher, R., "Rationalizing Foot and Ankle Measurements to Conform to a Rigid Body Model,"
11. Suliman Al-Homidan, "Solving Hankel Matrix Approximation Problem using Semidefinite Programming," Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, To appear.
12. Suliman Al-Homidan, "Semidefinite and second order cone optimization approach for the Toeplitz matrix approximation problem,"
13. Suliman Al-Homidan and Qamrul Hasan Ansari, "Systems of Equilibrium Problems with Lower and Upper Bounds," , To appear.
14. Alternating Projection Algorithm for Toeplitz Matrix Approximation
S. and Fletcher, R. .Hybrid
methods for finding the nearest
Euclidean distance matrix, University of Dundee
Report NA/157, 1995.
S. . Hybrid methods for
Solving the Educational Testing Problem, T.
R. No. 216 KFUPM (Dept. of Maths
S. . Positive Semi-Definite Toeplitz
Approximation Methods, T.
R. No. 259 KFUPM (Dept. of Maths
S. . Structured Methods
for Solving Hankel
Matrix Approximation Problems, T.
R. No. 266 KFUPM (Dept. of Maths
S. . Hybrid methods for
Minimizing least distance functions with semi-definite matrix constraints. Proc.
of NMA'98: 4th
International Conference on Numerical Methods
and Applications pp.621-628.
2. Al-Homidan, S. . Combined methods for Toeplitz Matrix Approximation methods. Current trends in Industrial and applied mathematics(Ed. P Manchanda, K. Ahmad and A.H. Siddiqi) Anamaya Publishers.
3. Al-Homidan, S. Numerical Experiments with Toeplitz Matrix Approximation Methods. Proc.entitle"Modern Mathematical Models,Methods and Algorithms for real world System. (Editors I.Duff,O.Christensen). Anamya Publishers,India&UK
Al-Homidan, S. . Numerical Experiments with
Toeplitz Matrix Approximation
Al-Homidan, S. . Alternating
Projection Algorithm for Hankel Matrix Approximation submitted.
Arabic Book on Linear Programming with H. Heamedh and O. Hamed. Published 2002
عمر حامد وحسن
Conferences and Shortcourses
1. 13th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 4th - 7th July 1989
2. 14th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 2nd - 5th July 1991
3. 15th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 29th June - 2nd July 1993
4. The First Meeting For Saudi Association For Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 8th - 9th March 1994
5. The Second Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 11th - 12th March 1997
6. The Fourth Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 9th - 10th March 1999
International Conference on Numerical Methods and Applications,
August 19 - 23, 1998, Sofia, BULGARIA. (Paper presented http://www.math.bas.bg/ ~nma98/a_107.txt)
8. Workshop on Mathematical Modeling of Flow through super K systems, Sept. 12-14, 1998 ARAMCO Dhahran.
9. Workshop on Industrial System and Control, Nov. 2, 1998, KFUPM, Dhahran.
10. Workshop on Matrix Theory and Applications, Tuesday, December 16, 1997, KFUPM, Dhahran. (Member of the committee)
11. ONA'99 International Conference on Optimization and Numerical Sep. 26 - 30, 1999, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China. (Paper presented)
12. The Fifth Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 11th - 12th April 2000. (Paper presented)
13. International Conference on Advances in Convex Analysis and Global Optimization in the university of Aegean, Samos, Greece in June 5-9, 2000 .(paper presented) www.samos.aegean.gr/math/acago/List.htm
14. Workshop on Professional Ethics: Concepts, Experiences, Obstacles. Tuesday, February 12-13, 2001, KFUPM, Dhahran. (Member of the committee).
15. First International Conference on Industrial and Applied Mathematical in Indian Subcontinent and Vith Annual Conference of ISIAM, Amritsar, India, January 22-25, 2001. (Paper presented)
16. The Sixth International Conference on Approximation and Optimization in the Caribbean In Guatemala at March 25 - 30, 2001. (paper presented, http://www-pool.mathematik.hu-berlin.de/~kerger/tagungen/guatemala/abstracts/alhomidan.html).
17. The First Saudi Science Conference, KFUPM, Dhahran, 9-11 April 2001. (Session Chairman)
18. 2nd WSEAS Multiconference on Applied and Theoretical Mathematics, In Cairns, Australia , 17-21 Dec. 2001. (paper presented).
19. The Fourth ISAAC Congress, York University, Toronto, Canada, August 11-16, 2003 (paper presented). http://atlas-conferences.com/c/a/l/r/36.htm
20. McMaster Optimization Day, Information Technology Building (ITB), Room 137, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, May 10, 2004.
21. Short Courses on SDP: Theory, Algorithms and Applications, University of Waterloo Waterloo, Ontario Canada, 12 May 2004.
22. Large Scale Nonlinear and Semidefinite Programming Workshop, University of Waterloo Waterloo, Ontario Canada, 13- 15, May 2004.
23. 4th Annual McMaster Optimization Conference: Theory and Applications (MOPTA 04). McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, July 28-30, 2004.
24. Workshop on Introduction to WebCT, KFUPM, Dhahran, Sep 19 - 28, 2004
25. The Eighth SIAM Conference on Optimization. Sponsored by SIAM. At Stockholm, Sweden. From May 15, 2005 to May 19, 2005. (paper presented).
26. The annual conference of ANZIAM 2006. Sponsored by AMSI. At Mansfield in Victoria Australia. From February 5 to February 9 2006. (paper presented).
1. Principal Investigator of SABIC and Fast Track Project # FT/2000-04, Titled, " Toeplitz and Hankel Matrix Approximation" Funded by KFUPM, December 2000 - May 2002 (Budget 51,000 Saudi Riyals). Final report approved by the university.
2. Co-Investigator On the Project #37994, Titled, " Installations Model for Gas Ambush, Gas Condensed and Light Oil " Funded Through Research Institute, KFUPM. In Progress.
3. Principal Investigator of the British Council project "New Algorithm for Solving the Euclidean Distance Matrix Problem", Funded by the British Council, Summer 2000 (Budget 27,000 Saudi Riyals)
4. Principal Investigator of the British Council project " New Algorithm for Solving the Symmetrizable Positive Definite Matrix Problem", Funded by the British Council, Summer 2003 (Budget 27,000 Saudi Riyals)
5. Principal Investigator of SABIC and Fast Track Project # FT/2005-07, Titled, " Semi-definite Programming for the educational Testing problems" Funded by KFUPM, 1/9/2005 - 1/8/200612 months In Progr.
6. Ekelandâ€™s Variational Principles for Equilibrium Problems and their Applications Q. H. Ansari Suliman Homidan(CI) KFUPM/FT FT-0506-09 1/1/1900 - 1/1/1900