CSE-642 Computer Systems Performance
Midterm - Nov 23rd, 2004
Quiz02 - Sunday Oct 31st, 2004
Course time is UT 2:00-3:15 pm - Building 24 Room 108.
Click here for course syllabus.
The main reference for the course is the textbook and the handouts distributed in class. These notes are merely as summary:
- Introduction to Telecommunications
- Review of Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Random Processes and Introduction to Markov Chains
- Birth and Death Processes and Applications To Queueing Theory
- Network of Queues
- Opnet Detailed Examples
- L. Takács, “A Single-Server Queue with Feedback,” Bell Technical Journal, March 1963, pp. 505-519
Muller, H.; Rudin, H., Jr.; “New Optimization Criteria for Message-Switching
IEEE Transactions on Communications, Volume: 19 , Issue: 3 , Jun 1971, Pages:256 - 26
You can download the errata for the textbook from here.
Giuseppe Bianchi, "Performance Analysis of the IEEE 802.11 Distributed Coordination Function," IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, VOL. 18, NO. 3, MARCH 2000, pp. 535-547.
and possibly extend the solution for some general cases. An example extension can be found in the following paper:
Haitao Wu1, Yong Peng1, Keping Long1, Shiduan Cheng1, Jian Ma, "Performance
of Reliable Transport Protocol over IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN: Analysis and
Enhancement," INFOCOM 2002. Twenty-First Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE
Computer and Communications Societies. Proceedings. IEEE , Volume: 2 , 23-27
Pages:599 - 607 vol.2.