Proceedings of SCAC 2004
Table Of Contents
1. Components of Technology Transfer: A Comparative Analysis of Offset and
Non-offset Companies in Saudi Arabia.
2. Conceptualization of Effective Leadership: A Case of Brunei Darussalam.
Razali Bin Mat-Zin
3. Internal Marketing Provides a Systematic Framework to Develop Corporate
Culture and Improve the Internal Organization Communication Towards the
Implementation of Quality Management Programs.
4. Determining Criteria Weights as a Function of their Ranks in Multiplecriteria
Hesham K. Alfares and Salih O. Duffuaa
5. Corporate Environmental Management in Malaysia: Current Situation, Future
Prospects and Challenges.
Mohd Rafi Yaacob and Razali Shahul Hameed
6. Trade Balance and Real Exchange Rate in
Mohammed B. Yusoff
7. Saudi Consumers’ Perception of Foreign Products in the New Millennium: An
Analysis of Country Images.
M. Sadiq Sohail
8. Behavior Approach to Corporate Computer Security.
Haidar Fraihat and Ahmed Al-Ojairi
9. Quality of Supervisor-Subordinate Relationship as Determinant of
Organizational Justice Perception.
10. Time-Varying Volatility of Stock Returns in the MSM: ARCH and GARCH Effects.
Mazhar M. Islam
11. Adoption on Online Purchase by Consumer in Saudi Arabia: An Explanatory
Alhassan G. Abdul-Muhmin and Obaid Al-Abdali
12. Leader-Member Exchange and Attitudinal Outcomes: The Meditating Impact of
Procedural Justice Climate.
Mahfooz A. Ansari, Daisy Kee Mui Hung, and Rehana Aafaqi
13. A Discrete-Event Simulation Model for a Continuous Review Perishable
Mohamed E. Seliaman and Shaikh Arifusalam
14. An Empirical Test of the Tax Model of Capital Structure: Evidence from
Countries that do not have a Tax Regime in Place.
Munther Barakat and Ramesh P. Rao
15. Safety Management: A Business Driven
16. An Empirical Study on the Attitudes of the Saudia Employees about the
Prospects of its Privatization.
Mubarak A. Al-Ghamdi and Salem M. Al-Ghamdi
17. A Knowledge-Induced Measure of Financial Volatility: Theoretical
Masudul Alam Choudhury
18. Corporate Ownership Structure and Firm Performance in Saudi Arabia.
Yakubu Alhaji Umar and Ali Habib Al-Elg
19. Environmental Knowledge, Concerns, and Attitudes Among Consumers in Saudi
Alhassan G. Abdul-Muhmin and Aref A. Al-Ashban
20. Exploring the Information Gap between Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
and the Strategic Management Process.
21. The Effect of Debt Restructuring Scheme on the Firms’ Capital Structures and
Performances of Malaysian Firms.
Sariati Azman and Unvar Rahman Muthalib
22. Agile Methods – CMMI-SW: Linking the Two
Ghazi I. Alkhatib
23. The Changing Patterns of Work Environments in a Global Society: Toward an
Employee-Centered Framework for Workplace Design.
24. Organizational Commitment and Work Ethics: An Empirical Assessment in a
Abdullah Sanusi Othman, Nik Mu’tasim Ab. Rahman, Zakiah Abd. Malek and Ab Razak Osman
25. A Model of Learning Process of SAP User-Specialist Interaction: A Case Study
from Saudi Arabia.
Abdulrahman A. Al-Muharfi
26. Performance of Japanese MNEs in Developed Countries: The Case of Europe and
27. Balanced Development in Malaysia: The Role of Values and
Mohd. Aslam Haneef, Selamah Abdullah Yusof, Ruzita Mohd. Amin, And Hazizan Md. Noon
28. The Influence of Religiosity and Perception of Unethical Business Practices:
An Empirical Investigation of the Malaysian Muslims.
Rusnah Muhamad and Wan Sabri Wan Hussin
29. The Thinking Soldier: Revolution in Military Affairs (RMA) and Knowledge
Management in the Military Perspective.
Mohd Sobri Bin Minai and Azizul Hisham Bin Aziz Zaman
30. Testing for Efficiency in the Presence of Infrequent Trading – The Bombay
31. A Case Study of Balanced Scorecard Implementation: The Hidden
Rozhan Othman, Nor Liza Abdullah, Zizah Che Senik, Ahmad Khairy Ahmad Domil, and Noradiva Hamzah
32. Developing Nation: Performance Measurement in a Constraints
Abdul Razak Ibrahim
33. The Criteria for Selecting Accounting Software: A Theoretical
Ahmad A. Abu-Musa
34. Asian Pacific Stock Market Linkages: Evidence During the Financial Crisis.
Marlinda Ali and Wan Mansor B. Wan Mahmood
35. Going Public in Saudi Arabia: Motivations and Barriers.
Abdulrahman Mohammed Al-Barrak
36. Attitudes Toward Credit and Credit Cards Among Consumers in Saudi Arabia: A
Alhassan G. Abdul-Muhmin and Yakubu A. Umar
37. Lessons from East Asia’s Crisis and
Obiyathulla Ismath Bacha
38. Two-State Markov Switching Analysis Using Coincident and Leading Economic
Indicators: Malaysian Case.
Izani Ibrahim and Ahmad Raflis Che Omar
39. Investigating the Perceived Threats of Computerized Accounting Information
Systems in Developing Countries: An Empirical Study on Saudi
Ahmad A. Abu-Musa
40. Government Administered Small Business Funds: The Perspective of Commercial
Yusnidah Ibrahim and Sudin Haron
41. Alternative Disclosure and Performance Measures for Islamic
Shahul Hameed Bin Mohamed Ibrahim, Ade Wirman, Bakhtiar Alrazi, Mohad Nali Bin Mohd. Nor., and Sigit Pramono
42. Gearing Expatriates to Gulf Business
Mohammed Duliem Al-Qahtany
43. Interrelatedness of Malaysian Foreign Exchange Markets: Comparing Two
Wan Mansour Wan Mahmood and Syed Sifuddin Syed Ahmad
44. Problem-Based Learning Approach: A Way of Teaching Business Students the
Concepts of Managing People at Work.
Zaki Shakir Seddigi and Keng Neo Lynda, Wee
45. Complexity Management A New Approach for a Global
46. Family Impact on Students’ Motivation.
47. Measuring Organizational Learning Process.
Mohammed Asim Burney
End of TOC