|Publications||Research||Curriculum Vitae||Optimization Links||Maths Links|
Conference Presentations, Attending and Organizing
1. 13th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 4th - 7th July 1989.
2. 14th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 2nd - 5th July 1991.
3. 15th Biennial Conference on Numerical Analysis, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 29th June - 2nd July 1993.
4. The First Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 8th - 9th March 1994.
5. The Second Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 11th - 12th March 1997.
6. Workshop on Matrix Theory and Applications, Tuesday, December 16, 1997, KFUPM, Dhahran. Member of the organizing committee
NMA'98: 4th International
Conference on Numerical Methods and Applications,
August 19 - 23, 1998, Sofia, BULGARIA. Paper presented: Methods for Minimizing Least Distance Functions with SemiDefinite Matrix Constraints.
8. Workshop on Mathematical Modeling of Flow Through Super K Systems, Sept. 12-14, 1998 ARAMCO, Dhahran.
9. Workshop on Industrial System and Control, Nov. 2, 1998, KFUPM, Dhahran.
10. The Fourth Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 9th - 10th March 1999. Paper presented: The Euclidean Distance Matrices.
11. ONA'99 International Conference on Optimization and Numerical Sep. 26 - 30, 1999, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China. Paper presented: Toeplitz Matrix Approximation.
12. The Fifth Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 11th - 12th April 2000. Paper presented: Alternating projection Algorithm for toeplitz Matrix Approximation.
13. International Conference on Advances in Convex Analysis and Global Optimization in the university of Aegean, Samos, Greece in June 5-9, 2000. Paper presented: On Nonlinear Optimization Problem with Semidefinite Toeplitz Constraints.
14. First International Conference on Industrial and Applied Mathematical in Indian Subcontinent and Vith Annual Conference of ISIAM, Amritsar, India, January 22-25, 2001.
15. Workshop on Professional Ethics: Concepts, Experiences, Obstacles. Tuesday, February 12-13, 2001, KFUPM, Dhahran. Member of the organizing committee
16. The Sixth International Conference on Approximation and Optimization in the Caribbean in Guatemala at March 25 - 30, 2001. Paper presented: Hybrid Methods for Approximating Hankel Matrix.
17. The First Saudi Science Conference, KFUPM, Dhahran, 9-11 April 2001. Session chairman.
18. 2nd WSEAS Multiconference on Applied and Theoretical Mathematics, in Cairns, Australia, 17-21 Dec. 2001.
19. The Sixth Meeting for Saudi Association for Mathematical Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 9th - 10th April 2002. Paper presented: Combined Methods For Approximating Hankel Matrix.
20. The Fourth ISAAC Congress, York University, Toronto, Canada, August 11-16, 2003.
Paper presented: New formulations of the Hankel matrix approximation problem.
21. Multiscale Optimization Methods and Applications, Florida, USA, February 26-28, 2004. Paper presented: Robust Solutions of Large Sparse Semidefinite Programming with Applications to the Nearest Euclidean Distance Matrix Problem.
22. McMaster Optimization Day, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, May 10, 2004.
23. Short Courses on SDP: Theory, Algorithms and Applications, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada, 12 May 2004.
24. Large Scale Nonlinear and Semidefinite Programming Workshop, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada, 13- 15, May 2004.
25. 4th Annual McMaster Optimization Conference: Theory and Applications (MOPTA 04). McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, July 28-30, 2004.
26. Workshop on Introduction to WebCT, KFUPM, Dhahran, Sep 19 - 28, 2004.
27. The Eighth SIAM Conference on Optimization. Stockholm, Sweden. 15-19 May 2005. Paper presented: Rationalizing Foot and Ankle Measurements to Conform to a Rigid Body Model.
28. The Annual Conference of ANZIAM 2006. AMSI, Mansfield in Victoria Australia. 5-9, February 2006. Paper presented: Projection Method onto Cones with Convex Minimization.
29. The CAIMS -MITACS 2006 Joint Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada, June 15-20, 2006. Poster presented: Semidefinite Programming for the Educational Testing Problem.
30. Joint Mathematics Meetings, AMS in New Orleans, USA January 5-8, 2007.
31. IMA Optimization and Control, Minneapolis, USA, January 16-20, 2007.
32. Combinatorics and Optimization 40th Anniversary Conference, Waterloo, Canada, June 18-23, 2007.
33. The 7th International Conference on Optimization:Techniques and Applications (ICOTA7) Kobe, Japan, 12-15, December 2007. Paper presented: Matrix Nearness Problems. Paper presented: On Vector Optimization Problems and Minty-type Vector Variational-like Inequalities.
34. Joint Mathematics Meetings, AMS in San Diego, USA, January 6-9, 2008.
35. Conference on Numerical Analysis and Optimization, Muscat, Oman, April 6-8, 2008. Paper presented: Matrix Nearness Problems. Session chairman.
36. The Ninth SIAM Conference on Optimization. Boston, USA. May 10–13, 2008. Paper presented: Minimal Condition Number for Positive Definite Hankel Matrices using Semidefinite Programming.
37. Symposium on Global analysis and Probability, Algassim University, May 27-28, 2008. Invited talk: Interior Point Method.