1. Polymer Synthesis & Characterization
2. Synthetic Organic Chemistry
3. Corrotion Inhibition
Member of the Research Team for Projects
(1) Cycloaddition of Cyclic Nitrones: A Convenient Route to Potential Corrosion
Inhibitors. (CY/SABIC/2001-10) (SABIC) (April 2002 – June 2003)
(2) Development of Heterogeneous Metallocene Catalyst Systems for Olefin Polymerization. (PN 21164) (SABIC) (January 1st, 2003 – March 31st, 2004).
Development of Novel Thermoplastic/Polymer Performance
(CRP2219) (CIBA) (October 2004 – March 31st, 2007).
Influence of Hydrophobe Architecture on Self Assembly,
Interfacial Properties of Amphiphilic Polyelectrolyte, Polyampholyte and Neutral
Copolymers. (IN000292)(KFUPM ) (Oct. 1st 2005 — Sept. 30th, 2007)
(5) Effects of Charge Types
on the Viscometric Behavior of a Variety of New
Associating Ionic Polymers (SF/2006-29) (SB060006) (SABIC) (Sep 1st,
2007 – March 1st, 2008)
(6) Sulfur Modification of Polymers for use in Asphalt Binders (CHE02279) (SAUDI ARAMCO) (July 21st, 2007 - December 31st 2008)
(7) Synthesis of Novel Inhibitors in Oil and Gas-Field Applications (AT-26-26) (KACST) (February 19th, 2007 - February 1st, 2010).
(8) Synthesis of Polyisoxazolidines: A Novel Class of Polymers for Inhibition of Mild Steel Corrosion. (SB070007) (SABIC) (May 1st 2007 - February 28th 2009).
(9) Development of Aqueous Two-Phase Polymer Systems for Possible Applications in Bioseparations. (KFUPM / CORE-PRP) (September 1st 2008 - August 31st 2010).
(10) Development of Novel Multi-Purpose Interfacial Functional Additives and Compatibilizers for Polyolefin. (KC-5) (KAUST Center-in-Development) (September 1st 2008- 30-June -2010).
(11) The Discovery of New Generation Potential Antipsychotic Agents. (AT-28-38) (KACST) (February26th 2009 - March 24th 2012).
(12) Biocompatible and Biodegradable Polymer Nanoparticles For Cancer Cell Imaging (08-BIO96-04) (NSTIP) (September 1st 2010 - August 31st 2012).
(13) Nanostructured Supramolecular Liquid Crystals (11-NAN1620-04) (NSTIP) (March 1st 2012 - August 31st 2014).
(14) Specialty Diallylammonium Salts-Derived pH-Responsive Polymers for Their Use in Aqueous Two-Phase Systems and as Corrosion Inhibitors and Antiscalants (11-ADV2132-04) (NSTIP) (September 1st 2012 - August 31st 2014).
(15) Design and Application of Photo Organic Reactions Using Sun Light (13-ENE277-04) (NSTIP) (March 1st 2014- February 29th 2016).
(16) Self-Assembly of Janus-Dendrimers into Nanostructured Supramolecular Architectures (ARP-34-79) (KACST) (April 1st 2014 - March 31st 2016).
Member of the Research Team for Projects (In Progress):
(1) A Novel Class of Ionic Polymers Containing Amino Acid Residues of Cysteine and Methionine as Green Corrosion Inhibitors and Antiscalants (IN131047) (KFUPM) (June 1st 2014 - May 31st 2017).
Member of the Following Thesis Committees:
(1) Mohammad A. J. Mazumder, "Synthesis and Solution Properties of Some Polysulfobeaines", (MS) May 2003.
(2) Muhammad Zaki Nur Iman, "Internally Hydrogen Bonded Chiral Methylenenitrone in Cycloaddition Reactions", (MS) January 2006.
(3) Saad Hamad Al-Lowemi, "Characterization of Novel Organic Corrosion Inhibitors under Flowing Conditions", (MS) January 2008.
(4) Alaaeddin Alsbaiee, “Intermolecular Nitrone Cycloaddition Reactions in Miceller Systems” (MS) April 2008.
(5) Junaid Saleem, "Sulfur Modification of Polymers for use in Asphalt Binders" (MS) June, 2008.
(6) Wajdi Al-Sadat, "Viscoelastic Surfactants in Wells' Acid Stimulation: Rheological Behavior" (MS) March, 2009.
(7) M. Khaled Arafeh, "Syntheses of Lamellarins and Related Natural Products" (MS) March, 2009.
(8) Abdullah Lajami, "Synthesis of Polyisoxzolidines as Potential Corrosion Inhibitors" (MS) March, 2010. (Supervisor).
(9) Shamsuddeen Abdullahi Haladu, "Synthesis of a New Class of Linear and Cross-linked Polyzwitterion-anions and Their Applications as Corrosion Inhibitors and Adsorbents" (PhD) May, 2014.
(10) Adam Ahmed Abdallah Seliman, "Synthesis, Anti-Cancer Evaluation of New Mixed-Ligand Gold(I) Complexes with Dithiocarbamates and Phosphines, and Interaction Study of Gold(III)-1,2-Diaminocyclohexane Complexes with Some Biomolecules" (PhD) May, 2016.
(11) Ismaila Abdulkareem Yunus, "Capillary Flow Reactor for Selected Dye-Assisted Solar Photochemical Reactions", (MS) May, 2016.