Fields Of Main Interest
|Constructing and developing ion-selective electrodes and utilizing them in applications related to the analysis of inorganic metal ions and organic species.|
|Studying the behavior and assay of drugs in their commercial products. This extends to designing analytical methods for the analysis of pharmaceutical formulations and validating the applicability of theses methods using various analytical techniques.|
|Conducting studies related to chemical equilibria and metal ion complexation in solution using electroanalytical techniques|
|Testing some open chain (polyalkoxylates) polymers and cyclic polyethers (crown ethers) as quantitative extractants for metal ions including rare earths and utilizing spectroscopic techniques for metal ions determination as a means for the assessment of the extraction efficiency.|
|Characterization of crude oil and petroleum products by using time resolved fluorescence and laser techniques.|
· Characterization and compositional analysis of crude oil and oil fractions using gas chromatography technique.
· Environmental analysis
· Conduction a program for the sea water analysis
· Conducting a project pertinent to the separation of phenols from industrial
wastewaters using supported liquid membranes.
I am dealing with almost all techniques devised for chemical analysis but the following techniques in particular:
|Electroanalytical techniques utilizing ion-selective electrodes and voltammetry including polarography, stripping voltammetry and adsorptive stripping voltammetry.|
|Atomic spectroscopic techniques including atomic absorption and inductively coupoled plasma.|
|Molecular spectroscopic techniques including the Uv-visible, infrared and molecular fluorescence techniques.|
|Gas chromatography and GC/MS techniques|
|High performance liquid chromatography|
|Nuclear magnetic resonance|
|Testing and performance evaluation of crude oil and petroleum products.|
Joint Research Projects
I am involved in research activities with the Jordanian Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company (Naor, Jordan). In these projects, I direct and supervise research activities pertinent to the design of novel analytical methods for the drug analysis in the various pharmaceutical formulations and validating the applicability of these methods.
Funded Research Projects
I was involved recently in the following funded research projects:
1. Carrier-mediated separation studies of phenol from aqueous streams by supported liquid
membranes containing functionalized polyorganosiloxanes as integrated solvent/carrier
system; Funded by the Saudi Basic Chemical Industries, SABIC, 2000-2002, (Principal Investigator).
2. Spectral Characterization of crude oils using time resolved fluorescence techniques, 2002-2003. (Co-investigator).
3. Performance Evaluation of the King Khaled Military City Transformer Oil. Funded by the King
Khaled Military City-Hafr El-Batin, Saudi Arabia. 2004. (Principal Investigator).
5. Characterization of Crude Oil by Using Laser. Funded by Saudi Aramco; in progress. (Co- investigator).