I am teaching various undergraduate and graduate chemistry courses; these courses include: general chemistry, analytical chemistry , instrumental methods of analysis, electroanalytical chemistry, analytical spectroscopy, separation methods, seminar, senior projects
Coordination of Classes
Course Material and Curricula Development
· I chaired a Departmental Committee that was concerned in revising the Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry undergraduate programs in the academic year 1999/2000
· I participated in selection of experiments and testing their applicability, writing hand outs to
students, modifying and improving the experimental procedures, and compiling integrated
manuals for experiments in General chemistry, Analytical chemistry and instrumental
· I participated actively in the development and revision (in few occasions) of curricula for the undergraduate and graduate analytical chemistry and instrumental analysis courses and in the general chemistry courses. I participated in the development of two upper level undergraduate chemistry courses, namely: Environmental analysis and Trace Analysis.
· I coordinated and participated with other colleagues in the establishment of a laboratory portion for a general chemistry course taught to Industrial Management students.
My students evaluation for teaching was invariably
excellent over the years of my
service. I was nominated
more than once (the last was
in the year 98/99) by the Department
for the best teacher award
I have received the distinguished
teaching award for the
Supervision of Senior Undergraduate and Graduate Students
· Supervision of few senior research projects (Chem 411 and Chem 412).
· Thesis advisor for 3 M.S. chemistry students.
· Thesis committee member for 7 M.S. chemistry students.
· Thesis committee member for 2 Ph.D chemical engineering students
CHEM 101 Presentations-KFUPM - 092 (J. Burdge, Chemistry, McGraw Hill, 2009)