KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLUEM AND MINERALS
Faculty of Sciences Prep Year math program
Part I: ( Multiple Choice Questions)
1) The y-intercept(s) of the equation : is :
2) The radius of the circle is :
3) Which of the following defines as a function of :
4) If and are two straight lines, then which one of the
following is true :
5) The equation of the line passing through is :
6) The graph of the equation is :
two parallel lines two perpendicular lines
circle only two points
7) If the point lies in Quadrant II , then the point lies in
a) Quadrant I b) Quadrant II
c) Quadrant III c) Quadrant IV
8) Which one of the following is NOT TRUE :
a) The range of the greatest integer function is the set of all integers.
b) = -3 .
9) If , then the range of the function is equal to
10) If is the midpoint of the line segment with end points and ,
then the value of equal to
Part II : Written Part
Given the circle :
a) Write this circle in the standard form.
b) Find the center and radius.
Question3: Find the domain of the following functions
a) Find the equation of a circle that has diameter with endpoints and .
b) Find the equation of a circle that has center and tangent to the axis.
a) If the two lines and are perpendicular, find k.
b) Find the -intercept of the line through the points and .
a) Find the vertex .
b) Find the equation of the axis of symmetry .
c) Find the range of
d) sketch the graph of . ( Show the axis of symmetry , -intercept(s),and
e) Determine the interval in which is increasing .
f) Determine the interval in which is decreasing .
Given the two points A(-2,3) and B(-1,-5).
a) Find the equation of the line passing through the points A and B.
b) Find the distance between points A and B.
c) Find the midpoint of the line segment joining the points A and B.