Information Resources Management
|Instructor: Dr. Nassar M. Shaikh||Office: 261/24|
|Office Hours: Sat & Mon 3-4 pm or by appt.||Phone: 860-2700|
|E-Mail: email@example.com||Class Time: S,M 1:10-2:25 pm|
Home Page: http://users.kfupm.edu.sa/misact/nshaikh
McNurlin and Sprague, Information Systems Management in Practice, Fifth edition, Prentice-Hall, 2002.
Theories and best practices in the management of organizational information systems resources. Frameworks for introduction, evolution, and assimilation of information systems into an organization. Roles of IT and roles of people using, developing, and managing systems. Global concepts of IT. Societal and ethical issues related to IS design and use.
|Major I||20 %|
|Major II||20 %|
|Quizes, HW, Participation||20 %|
|Group Project||20 %|
Your participation is highly recommended. Please come prepared to class by reading in advance the lecture material. All homework assignments should be typed and submitted on time. Late assignments will not be accepted. No make up exams will be given. Mobile telephones should be either switched off or set to silent mode.
- International Coverage: Discussion of global information systems.
- Environmental Coverage: Discussion of green computing.
- Ethical and Social Coverage: Discussion of ethical and social issues in information systems.
1. IT as an Agent of Social Change
2. Online Communities
3. A Study of Entry-Level Information Technology Workers: Employee Expectations and Job Perceptions
4. Exploring the Critical Success Factors for Customer Relationship Management and Electronic Customer Relationship Management Systems
5. Ecommerce in Saudi Arabia
6. Web-based tourism
7. Understanding Online Consumer Behavior: A Literature Review
8. E-Ethics: Morality In the
|11 Sep. 2002||Last day for adding courses|
|21 Sep. 2002||Last day for dropping courses without permanent record.|
|23 Oct. 2002||Last day for dropping courses with grad of "W"|
|20 Nov. 2002||Last day for withdrawal from all courses with grade of "W"|
|4 Jan. 2003||Last day for withdrawal from all courses with grade of "WP/WF"|
|15 Jan. 2003||Last day of classes|
|MAJOR I||10 Oct (Thursday)||9:00-11:00 am||120/24|
|MAJOR II||17 Nov (Sunday)||9:00-11:00 pm||120/24|