Selected Saudi-Related Publications
1. Book: Being Young Male and Saudi: Identity and Politics in a Globalized Kingdom, Cambridge University Press, (forthcoming) October 2019.
2. Journal Article: "The Impact of Globalization on Saudi Male Millennials' Identity Narratives", Asian Affairs, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, UK, forthcoming Spring 2019.
3. Special Report: "How Do Young Saudis View Skills For Future Jobs?", King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, February 2019, available at: http://kfcris.com/en/view/post/207
4. Article: "The Saudi 'Social Contract' Under Strain: Employment and Housing", Social Policy in the Middle East North Africa, POMEPS Studies 31, Project on Middle East Political Science, Harvard Kennedy School, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Middle East Initiative, October, 2018, available at: https://pomeps.org/2018/10/19/social-policy-in-the-middle-east-and-north-africa/
5. Journal Publication: "State, Citizens and Institutions: Policy Making in the GCC", Mark C. Thompson (KFUPM) and Neil Quilliam (Chatham House), Middle East Policy, Vol. XXV, No. 3, Autumn 2018.
6. Journal Publication: "The growing problem of divorce for young Saudi men", Gulf Affairs: Gender (Im)balance in Gulf Societies, Oxford Gulf & Arabian Studies Forum (A Publication based at St Anthony's College), Issue 8, Spring 2018.
7. Commentary: "Addressing the Key Challenges Facing the 'Entrepreneurial Streak' in Young Saudis", King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, Riyadh, 04 January, 2018, available at: http://kfcris.com/en/view/post/161
8. Book Chapter: "Saudi Arabia: Civil Society and Natural Resource Management" in Overland (ed.) Public Brain Power: Civil Society and Natural Resource Management, Palgrave Macmillan, November, 2017.
9. Book Chapter: "Reevaluating the Saudi Social Contract: The Perspective of Saudi Male Graduates", in Jones & Sofiane (eds.) The Future of GCC Labour Market Reform: Towards a Multi - Disciplinary, Evidence - Based and Practical Understanding, Gerlach Press, October, 2017.
10. Edited Book: "Policy-Making in the GCC: State, Citizens and Institutions" edited by Mark C. Thompson (KFUPM) and Neil Quilliam (Chatham House), I.B. Tauris, London, UK, 30 July, 2017.
11. Commentary: "Youth Perceptions of Uneven Globalization in Saudi Arabia", King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, Riyadh, 31 May, 2017, available at: http://kfcris.com/en/view/post/1354
12. Journal Article: "Saudi Vision 2030: A Viable Response to Youth Aspirations and Concerns?", Asian Affairs, Volume 48, No. 2, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, UK, 31 May, 2017.
13. Book Review: "Saudi Arabia 2000: A Strategy for Growth", Journal of International and Global Studies, Routledge, April 2017.
14. Journal Article: "Societal Transformation, Public Opinion and Saudi Youth: Views from an Academic Elite", Middle Eastern Studies, Volume 53, No. 5, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, UK, 03 April, 2017.
15. Book Review: "Saudi Arabia: Kingdom in Peril", Journal of Arabian Studies, Vol. 6, No. 2, November 2016.
16. Article: "Saudi Students Welcome Vision 2030", The Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington DC (AGSIW), 18 July, 2016, available at: http://www.agsiw.org/saudi-students-welcome-vision-2030/
17. Journal Publication: "Opening up the Decision-Making Process in Saudi Arabia", Gulf Affairs: Energy and the State - The Impact of Low Oil Prices, Oxford Gulf & Arabian Studies Forum (A Publication based at St Anthony's College), Issue 3, Summer 2016.
18. Book Chapter: "Self-Motivation, Career Aspirations and Work Responsibilities: The Perspective of Saudi Male Undergraduates at KFUPM" in Kropf & Ramady (eds.) Employment and Career Motivation in the Arab Gulf States: The Rentier Mentality Revisited, Gerlach Press, September 2015.
19. Book Review: "Saudi Arabia and Iran: Soft Power Rivalry in the Middle East", by Simon Mabon in Diplomacy and Statecraft: Volume 26, Issue 3, 2015.
20. Journal Article: "Saudi Women Leaders: Opportunities and Challenges", Journal of Arabian Studies, Vol. 5, Issue 1, Taylor & Francis, Routledge, August 2015.
21. Book: Saudi Arabia and the Path to Political Change: National Dialogue and Civil Society, I.B. Tauris, May 2014.
22. Special Publication: "A Decade of the Saudi National Dialogue: 2003-2013", Masarat, April 2014, King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
23. Journal Article: Saudi Youth: Challenges for the Future: Orient IV (2012).
24. Journal Article: "Assessing the Impact of Saudi Arabia's National Dialogue: The Controversial Case of the Cultural Discourse", Journal of Arabian Studies, Vol. 1 Issue 2 Taylor & Francis, Routledge, December 2011.
25. Article: "Saudi Arabia: time for reform?" Conservative Middle East Council, September 2011, available at: http://cmec.org.uk/blog/saudi-arabia-time-for-reform/
26. Article: "Saudi Arabia braces for unrest but pins hopes on King's promotion of dialogue and debate", Gulf States Newsletter, Issue 896, 11 March, 2011.