Programming Assignment (Optional)
In this assignment, you are supposed to simulate the IP stack at the abstract level.
· At the application layer, create a request and past down to the transport layer
· The transport layer has to decide whether to choose TCP or UDP and construct the segment.
· At the network layer, the segment will be received and a datagram is constructed. You should check whether the segment has to be fragmented. Use IPv4 format.
· At the data link a frame is constructed and passed down to the physical layer.
· Use the standard format packets at each of the layers (transport, network and data link)
· A graphical user interface (GUI) is required to show the steps of the process.