Welcome to my homepage. I am a an assisstant professor in the Computer Engineering Department (COE) at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
I received my B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Computer Engineering from (KFUPM) in 2002, and 2006. I received my Ph.D. from the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (ECE)at Queen’s University in Kingston, ON, Canada in 2013.
My Research interest includes Wireless Ad-hoc Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), Internet of Things (IoT), Distributed Storage Systems. I am also interested in applications of Coding Theory, Network Coding, and Artificial Intelligence in Computer Networks and related areas.
- M. Asiri, T. Sheltami, L. Al-Awami and A. Yasar, “A Novel Approach for Efficient Management of Data Lifespan of IoT Devices,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 4566-4574, May 2020.
- Al-Darwbi M.; Al-Awami, L., “A Mechanism for Copyright Protection under Information-Centric Networking,” 2019 2nd IEEE Middle East and North Africa COMMunications Conference (MENACOMM), Manama, Bahrain, 2019, pp. 1-6.
- Alshantout, A.; Al-Awami, L., “Enhancing MQTT-SN Performance via Fountain Codes in Extreme Conditions,” 2019 15th International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), Tangier, Morocco, 2019, pp. 1184-1189.
- Al-Awami, L. and Hassanein, H.S., “Robust Decentralized Data Storage and Retrieval for Wireless Networks,” Elsevier Computer Networks, vol. 128, pp.41-50, Dec. 2017.
- Al-Awami, L. and Hassanein, H.S., “Distributed Data Storage Systems for Data Survivability in Wireless Sensor Networks using Decentralized Erasure Codes,” Elsevier Computer Networks, vol. 97, pp.113-127, Mar. 2016.
- Al-Awami, L. and Hassanein, H.S., “Energy Efficient Distributed Storage Systems with LT-Codes in Resource-Limited Wireless Systems,” IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. Dec. 2015.
- Al-Awami, L.; Hassanein, H., “Energy Efficient Data Survivability for WSNs via Decentralized Erasure Codes,” Local Computer Networks (LCN), 2012 IEEE 37th Conference on, pp.577-584, 22-25 Oct. 2012.
- Al-Awami, L.; Hassanein, H., “Data Survivability for WSNs via Decentralized Erasure Codes,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2012 8th International, pp.94-99, 27-31, Aug. 2012.
- Ahmad El Kouche, Louai Al-Awami, Hossam Hassanein, “Dynamically Reconfigurable Energy Aware Modular Software (DREAMS) Architecture for WSNs in Industrial Environments”, Procedia Computer Science, vol. 5, 2011, pp.264-271.
- El Kouche, A.; Al-Awami, L.; Hassanein, H.; Obaia, K., “WSN Application in the Harsh Industrial Environment of the Oil Sands,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2011 7th International, pp.613-618, 4-8 July 2011.
- Abd-El-Barr, M. I. and Al-Awami, L. A.,” Analysis of Direct Cover Algorithms for Minimization of MVL Functions”, Proceedings of the IEEE 15th International Conference on Microelectronics (ICM’03), Dec. 9-11, 2003. pp. 308 –312.
- Abd-El-Barr, M. I. and Al-Awami, L. A., “Iterative-based Minimization of Unary 4-valued Functions for Current mode CMOS Realization”, Proceedings of the IEEE 34th International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic, 19-22 May, 2004. pp. 315 – 320.