- This page is an exercise in using Hess' Law. When you press "New Problem"
a window will appear which presents a Hess' Law scenario.
- If the new window covers up any of the needed parts of this main window,
the new window can be dragged to a new position.
- Calculate the needed enthalpy, enter it in the cell and press the "Check
- The results will appear in the table on the main page.
- This page is complex, but it's not intended to be tricky. Thus, no attempt
has been made to mislead you.
- There should be a straightforward combination of the contributing
reactions which yields the desired reaction.
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing "Show Answer" will cause the correct answer to appear.