Halim Hamid Redhwi, PhD
Professor, Chemical Engineering Department
Vice President, Dhahran Techno Valley Company
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
Dr. Redhwi is the Vice President of Dhahran Techno Valley Company (DTVC) and also a Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM). His educational background is in the areas of Chemical Engineering and Polymers. He received his Ph.D. from The City University, London in 1988. During his professional career spanning more than twenty-five years, he has been active in research and teaching in the fields of Petroleum Refining, Petrochemicals, and Polymer Degradation.
Ph.D. (Polymer), The City University, London, U.K., 1988.
M.S. (Chemical Engineering), King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia., 1980.
Vice President: Dhahran Techno Valley Company (DTVC), February 2016 to Present.
CEO (A): Dhahran Techno Valley Company (DTVC), July 2013 to January 2016
Assistant Supervisor: Dhahran Techno-Valley (DTV), September 2006.
Section Manager: Petroleum Refining section, Center of Refining and Petrochemicals, Research Institute, January 2001 to September 2006.
Section Manager: Petroleum refining and petrochemical Section, Petroleum and Gas Technology Division and later Center of Refining and Petrochemicals, Research Institute, September 1993 to January 2001.
1. 2000-Present Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
2. 2002-Present Chairman, KFUPM Science Park (KASP) Committee
2. 1994-2000 Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
3. 1993-1994 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
In the USA
1. Visiting Scholar, Institute of Materials Science, The University of Connecticut (UCONN), Storrs, Connecticut, USA, Summers of 1991 and 1992.
2. Affiliate Professor, Petroleum Engineering, School of Mineral Engineering, University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF), Alaska, USA, 1996-1997.
- Member, UNEP International Committee on ‘Effects of Ozone Depletion’,1988, Nairobi, Kenya
Membership of Professional Societies
American Institute for Chemical Engineers (AIChE), USA