a. My Journal Publications
M.I. Marei, S.F. Mekhamer,
M.M. Mansour, "
2. Mohamed M. Mansour, S.F. Mekhamer, Nehad El-Sherif "A modified particle swarm optimizer for the coordination of directional overcurrent relays" . IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery , Vol 22, No. 3, July 2007, pp.1400-1410 .
3. “Neuro-Swarm for Correction of Distorted Secondary Current of Current Transformer” Scientific bulletin, faculty of engineering, Ain Shams university, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 539-552, Sept. 2006.
4. Mohamed H. El-Shafey, Mohamed M. Mansour, "Application of new frequency estimation technique to power system", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery , Vol 21, No. 3, July 2006, pp. 1045-
5. S. El Safty, S. Gharib, M.M. Mansour, M.Abdel Latif, “ Discriminación between transformar faults and magnetizing inrush current using an integrated technique of discrete wavelet analysis and artificial neural network”, Ain-Shams Univ, Faculty of Eng. Scientific Bulletin, Prt. II, Electrical Eng.,, Vol 40, No. 4, Dec. 31, 2005, pp. 759-73.
6. A. Y. Abdelaziz, A. M. Ibrahim, M.M. Mansour, H. E. Talaat, "Modern approaches for protection of series compensated transmission lines”, Electric Power Systems Research Journal, 75 (2005) 85-98.
7. A Abdelaziz, Y. G. Mostafa, A. M. Ibrahim, M.M. Mansour, H. E. Talaat “Protection of series compensated transmission line using traveling wave”, Ain-Shams Univ Scientific Bulletin, March 31st, 2004.
8. H. Attia, F.Hashiesh, M.M. Mansour, H. Talaat, H. Mashaly, “A fault location estimation approach using synchronized sampling”, Ain- Shams Univ Scientific Bulletin, Sept. 30th, 2003.
9. S.F.Mekhamer, M.E.El-hawary, , S.A.Soliman, M.A.Moustafa, M.M.Mansour, ”New heuristic strategies for reactive power compensation of redial distribution feeders”, IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery, Vol. 17, No. 4, Oct. 2002, pp.1128-1135.
10. M.M.Mansour , H.E.Talaat, A.A. Hajjar, ”Ultra high speed relaying approach for six-phase transmission lines”, IEEE Power Eng Review, Vol 22, Issue 9, Sept. 2002, pp. 50-51
11. A. Ahmed, M.H. Kalil, M.M.Mansour, M.A.L.Badr,"Current harmonics reduction of single-phase converters Using switched capacitor technique", Scientific Bulletin, Faculty of Eng., Ain-Shams Univ., Vol. 35, No. 4, Dec 31, 2000, pp 273-293.
12. E.A.Mohamed, M.M.Mansour, S.El-Debeiky, K.G.Mohamed,”Egyptian unified grid hourly load forecasting using artificial neural network”, Journal of electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 20, No.7, pp.495-500, 1998.
13. A.Y.Abdelaziz, M.R.Irving, M.M.Mansour, A.M.El-Arabaty, .I.Nossier, ”Adaptive protection strategies for detecting power system out-of-step conditions using neural networks”, IEE Proc- Gener. Transm. Distrib. (Part C), Vol 145, No. 4, July 1998, pp. 387-394.
14. E.A.Mohamed, M.M.Mansour, S.El-Debeiky, K.G.Mohamed, N.D.Rao, G.Ramakrishna, “Results of Egyptian unified grid hourly load forecasting using an artificial neural network with expert system interface”, Electric Power Systems Research 39 (1996), pp. 171-177.
15. A.Y.Abdelaziz, M.R.Irving, M.M.Mansour, A.M.El-Arabaty, A.I.Nossier, ”Neural network-based adaptive out-of-step protection strategy for electrical power systems”, Engineering Intelligent System Journal, Vol 5, No 1 March 1997, pp.35-42.
16. M.A.Mostafa, M.E.El-Hawary, G.A.N.Mbamalu, M.M.Mansour, K.M.El-Nagar, A.M.El Arabaty, "A computational comparison of steady state load shedding approaches in electric power systems", IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Feb. 1997, Vol. 12, pp. 30-37.
17. M.E.El-Hawary, M.A.Mostafa, A.M.El-Arabaty, M.M.Mansour, K.M.El-Naggar, "A study of estimation techniques for frequency relaying applications", Canadian Journal of Electrical & Computer Eng., Vol. 21, No. 1, 1996, pp. 9-20.
18. M.A.Mostafa, M.E.El-Hawary, G.A.N.Mbamalu, M.M.Mansour, K.M.El-Nagar, A.M.El-Arabaty, “Steady-state load shedding schemes: a performance comparison”, Journal of Electric Power Systems Research 38, 1996, pp.105-112.
19. M.A.Mostafa, M.E.El-Hawary,
A.M.El Arabaty, "Optimal
dynamic load shedding using a
20. A.Y.Abdelaziz, M.R.Irving, A.M.El-Arabaty and M.M.Mansour, "Out-of-step prediction based on artificial neural networks", Int. Journal of Electric Power System Research, 34, 1995, pp.135-42.
21. A.M.El-Arabaty, H.A.Talaat, M.M.Mansour, A.Y.Abd-Elaziz, "Out-of step detection based on pattern recognition", Int. Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol 16, No. 4, 1994, pp. 269-275 .
22. H.A. Talaat, Mohamed M. Mansour, "A pattern recognition clustering technique for transient stability assessment", Ain-Shams Univ., Eng. Bulletin, Vol 27, No. 1, March, 1992, pp. 267-84 .
23. Mohamed M. Mansour, M.F. Salem, I.E.
Helal, "A microprocessor-based induction
motor thermal protective relay",
24. H.S. Heneady, M.A.Morsy Shanab, M.M.Mansour, "A simulation approach for performance evaluation of power system relaying algorithm", Ain-Shams University, Faculty of Engineering, Scientific Bulletin, No. 24/3, Dec. 31st., 1989.
25. Mohamed M. Mansour, "DISCUSSION ON: travelling wave distance protection-problem areas and solutions, by E.H. Shehab-Eldin and P.G. Mc Laren", IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery, Volume 3, NO. 3 July 1988,pp. 894-902.
26. M.M Mansour and G.W. swift, "Design and testing of a multi- microprocessor travelling wave relay", IEEE Trans., Vol. PWRD-1, NO. 4, Oct. 1986, pp.74-82.
27. Mohamed M. Mansour, "DISCUSSION ON: A new approach to EHV direction comparison protection using digital signal processing techniques, By: A.T. Johns,...et al", IEEE Trans., Vol PWRD-1 NO. 2, April 1986, pp 24-34..
28. Mohamed M. Mansour, :DISCUSSION ON : Experience with the R-R dot out-of-step relay, By: J.M. Hamer....et al", ibid, pp. 35-39.
29. M.M Mansour and G.W. Swift, " A multi-microprocessor traveling wave relay- theory and realization", IEEE Trans., Vol. PWRD-,NO.1, January 1986,pp272-79.
30. G.W. Swift and M.M.Mansour,
a. My Conference Publications
1. “Phasor Measurement Units’ allocation using particle swarm for voltage stability monitoring”, the Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC 2008), 6-7 Oct 2008, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
2. “Wide Area transient stability prediction using on-line Artificial Neural Network”, ibid.
3. “Enhancing power system performance through using injection power upfc”, 6th International Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEENG, Military Technical College Kobry El-Kobbah, Cairo, Egypt, 2008.
4. "Overcoming The CT Saturation Effect On Unit Protection Schemes Using Fundamental Phase Comparison Technique",6th International Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEENG, Military Technical College Kobry El-Kobbah, Cairo, Egypt, 2008
"New Technique for Fault
location in Interconnected Networks using Phasor
Measurement Unit", Mepcon 2008,
6. A. Hajjar, M.M.Mansour, “Fault location for six phase transmission lines based on the wavelet transform of the fault induced high frequency transients”, 42nd UPEC2007, UK, 4th-6th 2007.
hybrid strategy for distributed generators islanding detection",
IEEE PES PowerAfrica, 2007,
"Examining power line
S. El Safty,
S. Gharieb, A. Badr, M. Mansour, “A wavelet Fuzzy Expert Technique for
Classification of Power Transformer Transients”,
2006 International Conference on Power System Technology,
10. S.F. Mekhamer, Nehad El-Sherif, M.M. Mansour,, " Optimal Coordination of Directional Overcurrent Relays co-ordination Using Particle Swarm Optimization", MEPCON'2005, Port Said Univ., Dec.2005.
11. S.A.El-Kashlan, M. Abdel-Rahman, H. El-Desouki,.M. M Mansour, "Controller design for a bifurcating wind power system", Proceeding of the 2005 IEEE Conference on Control Application, Toronto, Canada, August 28-31, 2005, pp 625-630
12. A. A. Hajjar, M.M.Mansour, H.E.A.Talaat, "High-phase order power transmission lines relaying approach based on the wavelet analysis of the fault generated traveling waves", Universities Power Engineering Conference, 2004. UPEC 2004. 39th International, Volume 2, 6-8 Sept. 2004 Page(s):805 - 809 vol. 1
13. S.F. Mekhamer, Nehad
El-Sherif, M.M. Mansour
“A modified particle swarm optimizer applied to the solution of economic
dispatch problem.”, ICEEC04, Ain-Shams Univ,
14. "Power system restoration using expert system technique",
ICEEC04, Ain-Shams niv,
15. A. Abdelaziz, Y. G. Mostafa, A. M. Ibrahim, M.M. Mansour, H. E. Talaat,“A neural network-based approach for protection of series compensated transmission line”, MEPCON 2003, Dec. 2003.
16. A. A. Hajjar, M.M.Mansour, H.E.A.Talaat, “Wavelets for six-phase transmission lines relaying: fault classification and phase selection”, MELECON 2002, 11th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conf., pp.235-239.
17. S.F.Mekhamer, M.E.El-hawary,
S.A.Soliman,” State of the art in optimal capacitor allocation for reactive power
compensation in distribution feeders”, Large Eng. Systems Conf. On
18. A. A. Hajjar, M.M.Mansour, H.E.A.Talaat, ”Signal processing using wavelet transform for power transmission lines protection”, The 1st IEEE Intr. Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, IEEE ISSPIT 2001, Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 28-30, 2001, pp.107-110.
19. A. A. Hajjar, M.M.Mansour, H.E.A.Talaat, S.O.Faried, ”Distance protection for six-phase transmission lines based on fault induced high frequency transients and wavelets”, IEEECCECE 2002, Canadian Conf, Vol: 1,pp.7-11.
20. S.F.Mekhamer, M.E.El-hawary, M.M.Mansour, M.A.Moustafa, .A.Soliman,”Fuzzy and heuristic techniques for reactive power compensation of redial distribution feeders: a comparative study”, ibid, pp.112-121.
21. M.M.Mansour ,H.E.Talaat , M.T.El-Safty ,Z.A.Yousef, ”Design and implementation of a digital overcurrent relay: a cooperation project between industry and university“, 4th Regional conference of Cigre committees in Arab Countries , Tripoli, Libya, 2001/03/21-19 conf. Proceeding, Volume 2, pp.321-326.
22. Ammar A Hajjar, M.M.Mansour , H.E.Talaat, “Travelling wave-based protection of six-phase transmission lines”, ibid, pp.336-344.
23. H.E.A.Talaat, S.El-Safty,
S.El-Debeiky, M.M.Mansour, ”Fuzzy logic-based
load estimation for distribution
system restoration”, 6th Int. Middle East Power System Conf.,
24. H.E.A.Talaat, S.El-Safty, M.M.Mansour, S.El-Debeiky, "A rule-based expert system for distribution system service restoration", IEEE Powertech'99 Conf., Budapest, Hungary, Aug. 29-Sept 2, 1999, Paper BT99-321-23.
25. M.M. Rayan, M.M. Mansour, M.A. El-Sayed, M.S. Morsy,”Implementation and testing of digital controller for variable reluctance motor”, Applied Power Electronics Conf, APEC’99, 14th annual, Vol. 1, 1999, pp. 430-33.
26. Helal, A. A. ElKatib, M.M. Mansour, M.E. El-Hawary, “Certainty factor technique for faulted section estimation in electrical power networks”, 7th Inter. Middle –East Power Conference, MEPCON’2000, Cairo, Egypt, March 28-30, 2000, pp.616-623.
27. M.A.Elsayad, M.M.Mansour,
new approach for designing a variable
reluctance motor drive circuit”, 4th IEEE Intr.
Conf. On Electronics, Circuits & Systems,
28. M.A.Elsayad, M.M.Mansour, M.M.Rayan, M.S.Morsy, ”New design of a computer based control for switched reluctance motor drive system”, Ain- Shams Univ., Faculty of Eng Bulletin, Vol.32, No. 4, Dec. 31, 1997. pp.529-542.
29. A.Y.Abdelaziz, M.R.Irving, M.M.Mansour, A.M.El-Arabaty, A.I.Nosseir,”A neural network for adaptive out-of-step detection in power systems with varying topology”,4th Middle East Power Conf.,MEPCON’96, Luxor, Egypt, January 1996, pp.329-333.
30. W.M. Al-hasawi, N.H.Abbasy,
fault induced transient and neural network for T.L.
ultra high speed fault detection and classification", IPST'
97-International conference on Power System Transients,
31. I.E.Helal, M.M.Mansour,
new expert system for faulted section identification and protection system
analysis”, 5th Int. Middle East Power Conf., MEPCON’97,
32. W.A.Sief El-Islam, K.M.El-Naggar, M.S.Mansour, A.H.Amer, A.M.El-Arabaty, ”Detection of high-impedance faults in medium voltage overhead distribution systems with variable fault impedance”, ibid, pp.568-572
33. Y.G. Moustafa, A.H. Amer, M.M. Mansour, H.K. Temraz, M.A. Madkour, "An expert system for optimum switching pattern in distribution expansion planning", Int. Symposium on Electricity Distribution in the Arab World (Co-sponsored by CIRED), Amman, Jordon, 3-6 June 1996.
34. A. Seif El-Islam, K.M. El-Nagger, M.M. Mansour, A.H. Amer, A.M. El-Arabaty, "Detection of high impedance faults in low voltage distribution system", ibid.
35. Y.G. Moustafa, A.H. Amer, M.M. Mansour, H.K. Temraz, M.A. Madkour, "An artificial neural network for optimum topology in distribution expansion planning", CCECE96, Calgary, Canada.
37. M.A.Mostafa, M.E.El-Hawary, A.M.El-Arabaty, M.M.Mansour, K.M.El-Naggar, Estimation technique for Frequency Relaying",1995 Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sept 5-8, 1995, Montreal, Canada, Sponsored by IEEE Canada.
38. M.M.Mansour, "A computerized approach for measuring power system harmonics", MECET'95, Minia First Conf. in Eng. & Technology, Minia Univ., Minia, Egypt , Oct. 8-10, 1995.
39. A.Y.Abdelaziz, M.R.Irving,
A.M.El-Arabaty and M.M.Mansour,"Fast
Prediction of out-of-step condition by artificial neural networks for power system transient stability assessment",UPEC"95,
40. M.M.Mansour, M.A.El-Hadidy,
M.S.Rizk, Y.G. Mostafa,
"A knowledge-based approach
for protection system evaluation in
41. M.M.Mansour, "Artificial Neural Network for transmission lines fault classification", ibid.
42. H.F.Soliman, A.M.Sharaf, M.M.Mansour, S.A.Kandil, M.H.El-Shafi, "Laboratory implementation of a fuzzy logic controller for a hybrid speed/current of a DC motor drive", 1st Int.Conf. on Electronics, Circuits & System, Sponsored by IEEE and Ohio State Univ., Cairo, Egypt, Dec.19-22, 1994.
43. A.K.El-Kharashi, R.Hmouda, M.M.Mansour, H.M.Attia, "Transient behavior of a wind driven induction generator connected to a power system", ibid .
44. M.M.Mansour, "Hierarchical
neural network for power system protection",
45. S.H.Morsy, M.M.Mansour, M.A.Madkour, "Knowledge-Based approach for distribution systems protection coordination", ibid.
46. 46 H.M.Mashaly, A.M.Sharaf, M.M.Mansour, A.A.El-Sattar, "Photovoltaic maximum power tracking using tunable artificial neural networks", Int. Conf. on Intelligent System Application to Power Systems, ISAP'94, Montpellier, France, Sept. 5-9, 1994.
47. H.M.Mashaly, A.M.Sharaf, M.M.Mansour. A.A.El-Sattar, "Implementation of an artificial neural network based controller for a photovoltaic energy scheme", IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, Walt Disney, Orlando, Florida, June 26 - July 2, 1994, pp.2545-49,vol. 4.
48. H.F.Soliman, A.M.Sharaf, M.M.Mansour, S.A.Kandil, M.H.El-Shafi, "Naval adaptive artificial neural network based speed regulator for PMDC motor drive", ibid, pp2550-55, Vol.4.
49. H.F Soliman, A.M.Sharaf, M.M. Mansour, S.A.Kandil, M.H.El-Shafi, "A tunable fuzzy logic controller for chopper-fed separately exited DC motor Driver", MELECON'94, Sponsored by IEEE, Antalya, Turkey, April 12-14, 1994.Vol.2, pp.821-24.
50. H.M.Mashaly, A.M.Sharaf. M.M.Mansour. A.A.El-Sattar,"Fuzy logic controller for photovoltaic-utility interfacing scheme". ibid, pp.715-18, Vol.2.
51. M.M.Mansour, M.A.El-Hadidy,
M.S.M.Rizk, Yasser G. Moustafa. "An expert system enhanced by
interfaced short circuit calculation for
52. Mohamed M. Mansour, K.M.El-Naggar, M.A.Mostafa, "Performance
Evaluation of frequency relaying algorithms",
53. H.M.Mashaly, A.M.Sharaf,
Mohamed M. Mansour, A.A.El-Sattar,
"Fuzzy logic controller for maximum power tracking in line-commutated
photovoltaic inverter scheme", IEEE Canadian Conference on
Electrical and Computer Eng.,
54. H.E.A. Talaat, Mohamed M. Mansour, "Integration of protection and control for enhanced system performance", 2nd. Symposium on Electrical Energy in the UAE, Al-Ain, UAE Nov. 17-19, 1991 .
55. Mohamed M. Mansour, A. Al-Rawi, M. Khallat, "Prospects
of expert system in
56. Mohamed M. Mansour, "Microcomputer-based educational graphic packages for power system protection", Proceeding Intern. Conference Signals & Systems, Al-Ain (U.A.E), Jan. 29-31, 1990, Syosium ASME Press, Vol. 2, 137-146.
57. M. M. Mansour, G.W.Swift, M.F. Salem, I.E. Helal, :A multi-function microprocessor-based relay", IFAC International Symposium on Power System and Power Plant Control, Seoul, Korea, Aug. 22-25 1989.
58. Mohamed M. Mansour, Hossam E.A. Talaat, Ibrahim L.A. Labib, "Performance evaluation of fault locator algorithms", Middle East Power Conference, MEPCON-89, Jan. 9-13, 1989, Cairo-Assiut, Egypt (co-sponsored by IEEE).
59. Mohamed M. Mansour, Ahmed M. Al-Kandari, M.F. Salem, I.A. Helal, "A new microprocessor-based symmetrical components filter", 19th Pittsburgh Modelling and Simulation Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 5-6, 1988.
60. Mohamed M. Mansour, "A methodology for studying the effect of harmonics on ultra-high-speed relay", IEEE 1st. symposium on Electric power Systems in Fast Developing Countries, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 21-24, 1987.
61. Mohamed M. Mansour, "Improving the system reliability by multiple microprocessor-based relaying", ibid.
62. Mohamed M. Mansour, " Addition of steady-state network solution including load flow option to the U B C transients program :, Inter-departmental Report, Dept of Elec. Eng., The University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada, Aug. 1985.
63. M.M. Mansour and G.W. Swift, "Multi-microprocessor based travelling wave relay", IEE
3rd. Inter. Conf. on Developments in power system protection
64. G.W. Swift and M.M. Mansour, " Complex waveform signal generator for protective relay testing ", IEEE Inter. Communication and Energy Conf., Montreal, Canada, Oct. 2-4, 1984 (pp. 181-183).
65. Mohamed M. Mansour, "
Complex Waveform signal generator (C W S
G): procedure for data
preparation and downloading:, Technical report,
TR 84-3, Dept. of Elect.
66. M.M. Mansour and G.W. Swift, " A travelling wave relay featuring fault classification and phase selection", IEEE Mexicon 83, Cuernavaca, Mexico, Nov. 23-25, 1983 (pp. 42.2.1 - 42.2.5)
Disclaimer: Papers are provided on this page for the sole purpose of timely information dissemination, and the copyrights belong to the corresponding publishers unless otherwise stated in the papers.