Block Diagrams and Signal Flow Graph
Each student should master the following items. If an item is not clear or you are not confident in doing it, you must study the material again and solve some exercises until you are sure that you master that item.
- To be able express any set of algebraic equations in block diagrams.
- To know and be able to use block diagram transformations( combining series and parallel blocks, eliminating feedback loops, moving pickoff points and summation points).
- To be able to use transformation to reduce any block diagram to a single block.
- Represent linear differential equations and linear algebraic equations by signal flow graphs.
- Know and able to use Masonís formula to obtain the transfer function between any two nodes.