1. S. Rehman, I.M. El-Amin, F. Ahmad, S. M. Shaahid, A. M. Al-Shehri, and J. M. Bakhashwain, Wind Power Assessment for a Remote Area in Saudi Arabia, Submitted for possible presentation in 4th World Wind Energy Conference & Renewable Energy Exhibition 2005 to be held in Melbourne, Australia, November 2005.
2. Rehman S. and Shash A. A., Geothermal Power Sources of Saudi Arabia – Country Update Report, World Geothermal Congress-2005 (WGC-2005), April 24-29, 2005, Antalya, Turkey. (Invited paper)
3. Rehman S., M. Jamil Ahmad, Ahmad Saleel, and S.A. Khan, Control of Base Flows from Ideally Expanded Nozzles, Proceedings of the National Conference on Mechanical Engineering, NATCON.ME-2005, held at Mechanical Engineering Department, Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagaram, March 11 - 2, 2005, pp. 222- 227.
4. Rehman S., Saleel
A., Khan S. A., and Rathakrishnan E., Flow and Noise
Characteristics of Supersonic Jets, Proceedings of the National Symposium on
Acoustics NSA2004, held at
5. Rehman S., Qamreen A., Saleel A., Khan S. A., and Rathakrishnan E., Studies on Nozzle Flow with Sudden Expansion, Eighteenth National Convention of Aerospace Engineers, Aerospace Research in Twenty-First Century: Prospects and Challenges, held at Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, IIT, Kharagpur, November17-19, 2004, pp. 73-77.
6. El-Amin I, Shaahid S. M., Rehman S., Al-Shehri A., Bakashwain J. and Ahmad F., Performance and Economic Analysis of Stand-alone Hybrid Wind-diesel Power System for Remote Area Applications of Saudi Arabia, European Wind Energy Conference (EWEC), 22 – 25 November 2004, U.K.
Rehman S., Bader M. A. and Al-Moallem
S. A., Solar Energy Potential Assessment for Electricity Generation, International
Mechanical Engineering Conference,
8. Rehman S., Shash A. A. and Al-Amoudi O. S. B., Solar Energy an Alternate Source of Electricity Generation for Remote Applications, Sixth International Conference and Exhibition on Chemistry in Industry, September 27-29, 2004.
9. Bader M. A., Ahmad A., Rehman S., Al-Amoudi O. S. B., Shaahid S. and Bassam D. A., Evaluation of Thermal Performance of Different Saudi Bricks, Symposium on Thermal Insulation and the Importance of its Application in the GCC Countries, April 19-21, 2004. (Also accepted for publication after the review)
10. Rehman S., Ahmad F., El-Amin I., Bader M. A., Ahmad A., Rahman M. K., and Mohandes M., (2004), Feasibility of Wind Farm Development in Saudi Arabia, The 8th Arab International Solar Energy Conference & The Regional World Renewable Energy Congress, Kingdom of Bahrain, 8-10 March, 2004.
11. Rehman S., (2004), Wind Energy Availability and Capacity Factor Analysis, Proceedings of the 2nd BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 02 to 04, 2004, Vol. 2, pp. 900 – 905.
12. Rehman S. and Ahmad A., (2004), Assessment of Wind Energy and Capacity Factor Calculations for Two Locations of Saudi Arabia, Proceedings of the 2nd BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 02 to 04, 2004, Vol. 2, pp. 906 – 911.
13. Rehman S., El-Amin I, AL-Shehri A., Bakhashwain J., Ahmad F., Shaahid S. M., (2003), Utilization of Wind-Diesel Systems to Provide Power Requirements of Remote Settlements in Saudi Arabia, Fourth International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power and Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Farms, Royal Institute of Technology, Electric Power Systems, 20-21 October 2003, Denmark.
Mohandes M.A., Halawani T.O., and Rehman
S., (2002), Support Vector Machines for Wind Speed Prediction, Proceedings of International Arab
Conference on Information Technology (ACIT'2002),
15. Siddiqui, A.H., Khan, S., and Rehman S., (2001), Wavelet based computer simulation for wind speed in Saudi Arabia, Proceedings of the First Saudi Science Conference, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Vol. (3), pp. 313-326, 9-11 April 2001.
16. Rehman S., (2000), Renewable Energy Education – Its Need and Global Status. Proceedings of The Workshop on Energy Conservation, pp. 389-392, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhaharn, Saudi Arabia.
17. Mohandes M. T. O. Halawani, A. Balghonaim, M. Kassas, and Rehman
Estimation of Solar Radiation in
19. Rehman S. and Saleem G. Ghori (1998), Radiation Estimation Using Geostatistical Technique. Proceedings of the Fifth
Saudi Engineering Conference, Volume 4, pp. 483-491,
20. Rehman S. (1998), Empirical Model Development and Comparison
with Existing Correlations. Presented at “The
7th International Energy Conference and Exhibition-ENERGEX-98”
to be held at
21. Aksakal, A. and Rehman S., Measured and Estimated Solar Radiation in the Arabian Gulf Coast, Presented at the Second Trabzon International Energy and Environment Symposium, held at Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey, from 26th July to 29th July, 1998.
22. Rehman S. and Aksakal, A.
Statistical Variation of Estimayed PBL height for
23. Mohandes, M., Rehman, S., and Halawani, T. O. "Estimation of Global Solar Radiation Using Artificial Neural Networks", Presented at The Sixth Arab International Solar Energy Conference, held between March 29 - April 1st (1998), Sultan Qaboos University, Al-Khod, Muscat-123, Sultanate of Oman.
24. Mohandes, M., Rehman, S., and
Halawani, T. O. "Wind Speed Prediction using
Neural Networks", Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on Computational
Aspects and their Applications in Electrical Engineering (CATAEE - 97)
22-23 July, (1997),
25. Rehman, S., Husain, T., and Halawani, T. O., Wind Power Potential in Saudi Arabia, Accepted for presentation and publication in the proceedings of the International Conference on Energy and the Environment, 12-14 October, (1997), Limassol, Cyprus.
26. Halawani, T. O., Rehman S., and Bubshait, M. A. On
the Coefficients of Refraction and Gradients of Meteorological Parameters, Proceedings
of The Fourth Saudi Engineering Conference on
"Development of a Technical and Industrial Base in
27. Rehman S. and Halawani, T. O. Total Solar Radiation Estimation from Meteorological Parameters, Proceedings of the Second Saudi Symposium on Energy Utilization & Conversion, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, November 27-30, (1994).
28. Halawani, T. O., Khan, P. Z., and Rehman S., Effect of Kuwaity Oil Field Fires on AP and Radar Coverage. Proceedings of the Symposium on Industrial Air Pollution, held at the King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, from 14 - 16 November, (1993), pp. 492-498.
29. Ahmad, S. Z., Rehman S., and Madni,
30. Rehman S., Halawani, T. O., and Husain, T. A Numerical Study on the Evolution of Nocturnal
and Convective Planetary Boundary Layer Variables. Proceedings of the Third Saudi
Engineering Conference, King Saud University,
32. Rehman, S., Husain, T., and Halawani, T.O., Development of Planetary Boundary Layer Model and Its Application in Pollutant Transport, presented at the International Conference on Tropical Micro-Meteorology and Air Pollution", Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India, February 15-19, (1988), pp. 79-83.