Dr. Muhammad Atiqullah
REFINING & PETROCHEMICALS
Married with two children.
Coordinator, Polyolefin Catalyst and Production Research Program
Research Engineer, Center for Refining and Petrochemicals (CRP)
Research Institute (RI), King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM)
Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
Telephone 860 3898 (W)
Career mission and objective
● Conduct patentable,
technology developmental study in
research areas matching the self expertise, that is, polymer
science and technology, which is a major area of research .
concentration for Saudi Arabia
● Enhance international competitiveness of Saudi Arabian and Middle Eastern polymer industry
through focused cooperative research and development.
● Develop innovative polymer science and technology that will produce higher value-added and
improved products and reduce production costs.
● Modeling and Measurement of Micromixing Effects on Bulk Copolymerization in a Stirred Tank
Reactor Worked under the supervision of Prof. Edward B. Nauman, a fellow of the American
Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE), and Director of the Polymer Research and Development
(R&D) Program at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, New York. PhD, Polymer
Reaction Eng.;Rensselaer Polytech. Inst. (RPI), Polymer Eng. & Sci.; (Chemical Eng.)Troy, New
York, May 1988,
● MS, Biochemical Eng.; King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), June 1980
Waste Water Treatment; (Chemical Eng.), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
● BS, Chemical Eng., Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh,
Honorares AND AWARDS
● Founding Director, Center of Research Excellence in Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals
PRP) established by the Ministry of Higher Education at King Fahd University of Petroleum &
Minerals (KFUPM) on February 4, 2007.
● Program Manager, KFUPM Polymer Research Program.
● Founding Member, KFUPM Innovation Center, Dhahran Techno-valley.
● Lead Inventor Patent Award (US Patent 6,908,876 B2; 2005), 2006
● Distinguished Project Management Leadership Award, 2003
● Distinguished Applied Researcher Award, 1999
● Twenty-year Long Service Award, 2002
● Ten-year Long Service Award, 1990
● Reviewer in Journal of the American Chemical Society, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
Research, and Langmuir (all published by the American Chemical Society), Polymer Engineering and
Science and Journal of Applied Polymer Science (both published by John Wiley, USA), Materials
Science & Technology (Published by Maney Publishing, The Institute of Materials, Minerals, and
Mining, USA), Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering (AJSE), King Abdulaziz City for
Science & Technology (KACST), and KFUPM Dean of scientific Research.
● Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE).
● Invited member, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
● Distinction Scholarship for PhD study, sponsored by King Fahd University of Petroleum and
Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.