1. Mohammad Ashraf Ali, Syed Ahmed Ali and Khalid Al-Nawad, “Disproportionation of toluene: enhanced para-xylene selectivity over modified HZSM-5”, submitted to the Journal of Porous Materials, September 2011.
2. Xiaofeng Chang, M. A. Gondal, A. A. Al-Saadi, M.A. Ali, Hefei Shen, Qin Zhou, Jun Zhang, Mengping Du, Yousong Liu, Guangbin Ji, “Photosensitized degradation of Rhodamine B over BiOCl and BiOBr under visible light irradiation”. submitted to the Applied Catalysis A:Gen, October 2011.
3. S.A. Ali, M.A. Ali, K. Al-Nawad, C. Ercan, Y. Wang, “Parametric study of dealkylation–transalkylation reactions over mordenite-based bi-functional catalysts”, Appl. Catal., A General, Volume 393, Issues 1-2, Pages 96-108, February 2011.
4. M.A. Ali, S.A. Ali, K. Al-Nawad, “Disproportionation of Toluene: Enhanced Para-Xylene Selectivity Over Modified HZSM-5”, Submitted to Appl. Catal., A General, July 2011.
5. M.A. Gondal, Xiaofeng Change, M.A. Ali, Zain Hassan Yamani, Qin Zhou, Guangbin Ji. “Adsorption and degradation performance of Rhodamine B over BiOBr under monochromatic 532 nm pulsed laser exposure”. Appl. Catal. A: Gen. 397, Issues 1-2,192-200, April 2011 [http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0926860X11001189]
6. A.M. Aitani, M.A. Ali, S.M. Waziri, S. Al-Khattaf, “Production of Xylenes from Toluene and 1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene over ZSM-5 and Mordenite Catalysts in a Fluidized-Bed Reactor”, Chem. Eng. Technol, 33(7), pp. 1193-1202, July 2010.
7. Andrea Krejci; Sulaiman Al-Khattaf; M.A. Ali; Martina Bejblova; Jiri Cejka, Transalkylation of Toluene with Trimethylbenzenes over Large-Pore Zeolites, Appl Catal. April 2010, 377, 99-106.
8. M.A. Ali and S. Asaoka, Ni-Mo-Titania-Alumina Catalysts with USY Zeolite for Low Pressure Hydrodesulfurization and Hydrocracking. Petroleum Science and Technology, Volume 27, Issue 10 January 2009, pages 984 – 997.
9. S. Al-Khattaf, Z. Musilova´-Pavlacˇkova´, M.A. Ali and J. Cejka, “Comparison of Activity and Selectivity of SSZ-33 Based Catalyst with other Zeolites in Toluene Disproportionation, Topics in Catalysis, 2009, 52, 140-147.
10. S. Al-Khattaf, M.A. Ali, and A. Al-Amer, Effect of Reaction Pressure and Carrier Gas on Toluene Disproportionation over Mo-ZSM-5 Catalyst, Energy & Fuels, 2008, 22, 243–249.
11. M.A. Ali, “Comparative Evaluation of Nanoporous Hydrocracking Catalysts in Fixed-Bed and Swing-Batch Reaction Systems”, Petroleum Science and Technology, vol. 25, Issue 10, pp. 1333-1345, 2007
12. M.A. Ali, S.A. Ali and M.A.B. Siddiqui, “An Appraisal of Hydrocarbons Conversion Reactions During Naphtha Reforming Process”, Petroleum Science and Technology, vol. 25, Issue 10, pp. 1321-1331, 2007.
13. S.A. Ali, M.A.B. Siddiqui, and M.A. Ali. “Parametric Study of Catalytic Reforming Process”, Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters, vol. 87, No. 1, 199-206, 2005.
14. M.A. Ali, B. J. Brisdon and W.J. Thomas, "Synthesis, Characterization and Catalytic Activity of ZSM-5 Zeolites Having Variable Silicon-to-Aluminum Ratios”, Applied Catalysis, A: General vol. 252, pp. 149-162, 2003.
15. M.A. Ali, “Resolution and Quantification of Ring Type Aromatics by Hplc Method Using N-Hexane Elution”, Petroleum Science and Technology, vol. 21, No. 5 & 6, pp. 963-970, 2003.
16. M.A. Gondal, Zain. H. Yamani, A. Dastgeer, M.A. Ali, and A. Arfaj “Photo-conversion of methane into higher hydrocarbons using 355 nm laser radiation”, Spectroscopy Letters, vol 36, pp. 313-326, 2003.
17. M.A. Gondal, A. Dastgeer, Zain. H. Yamani, M.A. Ali and A. Arfaj, “Laser-Induced Fluorescence Monitoring of Higher Alkanes Production from Pure Methane Using Non-Oxidative Processes”, TALANTA, vol. 59, pp. 295-302, 2003.
18. M.A. Ali, T. Tatsumi and T. Masuda, “Development of Heavy Oil Hydrocracking Catalysts Using Amorphous Silica-Alumina and Zeolites as Catalyst Supports”, Applied Catalysis A: General, vol. 233, pp. 77-90, 2002.
19. M.A. Ali, T. Kimura, Y. Suzuki, M.A. Al-Saleh, H. Hamid and T. Inui, , “Hydrogen Spillover Phenomenon in Noble Metal Modified Clay-Based Hydrocracking Catalysts”.. Applied Catalysis A: General, vol. 227, pp. 63-72, 2002.
20. M.A. Ali and A. Hassan, “Hydrocarbon Group Types Analysis of Petroleum Products: A Comparative Evaluation of HPLC and TLC Analytical Performance”. Petroleum Science & Technology, vol. 20, No. 7 & 8, pp. 751-762, 2002.
21. E. Iwamatsu, E. Hayashi, Y. Sanada, M.A. Ali, S. Ahmed, H. Hamid, R. Sakurovs and T. Yoneda, "Proton Magnetic Resonance Thermal Analysis of Petroleum Derived Asphaltenes with Co Smectite and CoMo Alumina Based Catalysts", Journal of The Japan Petroleum Institute, vol. 45, No. 3, 135-143, 2002.
22. M.A. Ali, “Evaluation of feedstocks for Development of Hydrocracking Catalysts for Heavy Oil”. Petroleum Science & Technology, vol. 19, No. 9 & 10, pp. 1063-1074, 2001.
23. M.A. Ali, A. Hassan and M.I.M. Wazeer "NMR Characterization, Acidity and Stability Studies of Some Modified Zeolites”, Canadian Journal of Analytical Sciences and Spectroscopy, vol. 46, no. 4, pp 111-117, 2001.
24. A. Hassan, S. Ahmed, M.A. Ali, H. Hamid and T. Inui, “A Comparison Between Beta and USY Zeolite Based Hydrocracking Catalysts”. Applied Catalysis, vol. 220, pp. 59-68, 2001.
25. M.A. Ali, B.J. Brisdon and W.J. Thomas, "Intrinsic Kinetics of MTBE synthesis from Methanol and Isobutene using a Synthesized MFI Type Zeolite", Applied Catalysis, A: General 197, pp. 303-309, 2000.
26. M.A. Ali, J.A. Anabtawi and S.A. Ali "Hydrocarbon Transformations during Naphtha Reforming", Journal of the King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, .
27. E. Hayashi, E. Iwamatsu, Y. Sanada, M.A. Ali, S.H. Hamid, D.S. Webster and T. Yoneda, "Proton Magnetic Resonance Thermal Analysis of Petroleum Derived Asphaltenes", Journal of The Japan Petroleum Institute, vol. 41, No. 2, 117-124, 1998.
28. M.A. Ali, M.A.B. Siddiqui and S.M.J. Zaidi, "Thermal Analysis of Crude oils and Comparison with SIMDIST and TBP Distillation Data. J. Thermal Analysis, vol. 51, pp. 307-319, 1998.
29. A. Iob, M.A. Ali, B.S. Tawabini and N.M. Abbas, "Hydrocarbon Group (PONA) Analysis of Reformates by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy", Fuel, vol. 75, No. 9, pp. 1060-1064, 1996.
30. J.A. Anabtawi, S.A. Ali and M.A. Ali "Impact Of Gasoline and Diesel Specifications on Refining Industry". Energy Sources, vol. 18, pp. 203-214, 1996.
31. S.H. Hamid and M.A. Ali, "Comparative Study of Solvents for the Extraction of Aromatics from Naphtha", Energy Sources, vol. 18, pp. 65-84, 1996.
32. F. Rahman, S. H. Hamid and M.A. Ali "Effect of Lower Feedstock Prices on Economics of MTBE Complex", Energy Sources, vol. 18, pp. 57-64, 1996.
33. M.M. Abdillahi, K. Alam, M.A. B. Siddiqui and M. A. Ali, "Determination of trace amounts of Sulfur in Hydrotreated Naphthas: Comparative study using Raney Nickel, Houston Atlas and Gas Chromatographic Methods". Analyst, Vol. 120, pp. 1577-1581, 1995.
34. J.A. Anabtawi, K. Alam and M.A. Ali "Performance Evaluation of HDS Catalysts: Effect on Sulfur Compounds Distribution in Naphtha". Fuel, Vol. 74, No. 9, pp. 1254-1260, 1995.
35. S.H. Hamid and M.A. Ali, "Effect of MTBE Blending on the Properties of Gasoline". Fuel Science and Technology International, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 509-544, 1995.
36. M.A. Ali, "A Comparative Study of Hydrocarbons Present in Narrow Boiling Range Naphtha Fractions of Saudi Arabian Crude Oils". Fuel Science and Technology International, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 345-359, 1995.
37. A. Iob, M.A. Ali, B.S. Tawabini and J.A. Anabtawi, "Prediction of RON of Reformates by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy", Fuel, Vol. 74, No. 2, pp. 227-231, 1995.
38. M.A. Ali and N. Kosal, "Application of Multicolumn valve Switching Gas Chromatography for the Analysis of Naphtha and Kerosene Fractions of Saudi Arabian Light Crude Oil", Fuel Science and Technology International, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 567-580, 1994.
39. M.A. Ali and W.A. Nofal, "Application of High Performance Liquid Chromatography for the Determination of Hydrocarbon Group Types of Saudi Arabian Crude Oils", Fuel Science and Technology International, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 21-33, 1994.
40. N. Kosal, M.A. Ali and A. Bhairi, "Simulated Distillation of Saudi Arabian Crude Oils by Gas Chromatography", Special Issue of Journal of King Abdul Aziz University Engineering Sciences, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, pp. 267-273, 1993.
41. N. Kosal, A. Bhairi and M.A. Ali, "Determination of Hydrocarbon Types in Naphthas, Gasolines and Kerosenes: A Review and Comparative Study of Different Analytical Procedures", Fuel, Vol. 69, No 8, pp. 1012-1019, August 1990.
42. M.F. Ali and M.A. Ali, "Nonaqueous Potentiometric Titration and Elemental Analysis of High boiling Distillates of Saudi Arabian Crude Oils", Fuel Science and Technology International, Vol. 6, No 6, pp. 663-686, 1988.
43. M.F. Ali and M.A. Ali, "Investigation of Nitrogen Compound Types in High-Boiling Petroleum Distillates from Saudi Arabian Crude Oils", Fuel Science and Technology International, Vol. 6, No 3, pp. 259-290, 1988.
44. M.A. Ali, “A novel MTBE catalyst developed at KFUPM”, Organon, Official Newsletter of SAICSC of Americal Chemical Society, Vol. 2, Issue 1, April, 2005.