Chapter 5: Circular Motion; Gravitation
- Around and around—how do you describe circular motion?
- What is centripetal acceleration and how do I use it?
- How do forces produce circular motion?
- Why do different curves have different speed limits?
- Why does 'banking' a curve help a car negotiate it?
- How does a centrifuge work?
- Universal Gravity—what
is it and why is it "Universal"?
- All satellites, great and small—what do they have in common?
- Are astronauts really weightless and what does weightlessness
- Kepler's Laws—what do
thet tell us about the motion of the planets?
- Gravity is a force in
Nature. What are the other forces?