Chapter 13: Temperature and Kinetic Theory
- Matter on a small scale—what is its Atomic Basis?
- Temperature and Thermometers—how
do they work together?
- Why is there a Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics and what is it?
- What is Thermal Expansion and how is it measured?
- How does Thermal Expansion give rise to Thermal Stress?
- How do the Gas Laws allow us to predict Absolute Zero
and establish the Kelvin Temperature Scale?
- What is The Ideal Gas Law and how can I use it?
- What is the Kinetic Theory of Matter and how will it help me
understand the true nature of matter?
- How do Real Gases differ from an ideal gas?
- Water Vapor, Humidity,and
Relative Humidity—what are they and how do they affect my comfort