Chapter 11: Vibrations and Waves
- What is Simple Harmonic Motion and why is it important?
- How can I use Conservation of Energy to study this motion?
- What is Periodic Motion and how do I find the Period
and Frequency of this motion?
- How is a Simple Pendulum, a mass on a cord, like a mass on a
- What is Damped Harmonic Motion and Resonance and why
did that Bridge fall down anyway?
- Where do Waves come from and what are Periodic Waves?
- Are the major types of waves Transverse and Longitudinal
and what are they?
- How do waves Transmit Energy?
- In what ways do waves interfere with each other, what is the Principle
of Superposition and how does it explain Standing Waves.
- I have heard of Refraction and Diffraction. What are