UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS
& MIS Department
MIS105-Lab – Introduction to Computer Applications
Irfan Ahmed Ilyas
MIS105 GROUP PROJECT ASSIGNMENT
Report Submission Deadline: 14th Week (10th October)
Presentations: Last week of
- Write a
detailed report about any information system environment of any organization
(like a bank, or any other business) you have an access to and specify in
your report, at least the following:
- Classes of People involved (provide some specific
contacts, if possible):
- Classes of hardware involved (attach photographs,
or any diagrams to support your writing).
- Some details of Software the system is using (name
of the vendor company, brand of software, some manual).
- Examples of Procedure Guidelines available to the
system end users (attach some printed material )
- Some example of data required by the information
system for its functioning.
Note: You can make your report/ presentation more
attractive and informative by including different media like pictures, sounds (interviews
of people), manuals, web links etc.
- You need to work upon this assignment in groups (max of 4 students in
- Each group is required to complete any one of the above mentioned projects
in the specified time period.
- Schedule your meeting with a person in the relevant organization.
- Each report must have a title page (listing project name, group
members’ names and ID numbers) and a table of contents.
- There will be separate marking on how well you present your work.
- No copying of reports is allowed. No marks shall be awarded on
- No late submissions will be acceptable.
- Presentation will be done with each member talking about his part
for few minutes.
- Each group needs to divide the task fairly among the group
- Instructor will be helping the groups in resolving problems during
the assignment. Instructor's office hours, email and WebCT
discussion board can be utilized for discussions.