My Professional Activities
Here is what is keeping me busy :)
- British Council Summer 1996 Research Fellow, the Department of Management, University of Bradford, U.K.
- Organize & Coordinate a workshop named “Manufacturing Management & Technology” June 1997 in KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- College of Industrial Management Summer Coordinator, Summer 1997
- College of Industrial Management Summer Coordinator, 1999
- Appointment in the Editorial Review Committee for 1997 in the Academy of Business Administration, U.S.A.
- Chairing a session on management for the conference on Administrative Sciences: new Horizons and Roles in Development, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, March 1998
- Review for the following Journals/Associations:
- Arab Journal of Administrative Sciences
- Public Administration
- Research Center for Islamic Economy
- King Abdulaziz University Funded Research proposal Committee
- Nominated for “The Prestigious ABI Gold Record of Achievement for 1998
- Nominated for the Man of the Year 1998 by ABI Inc
- Nominated for “Who’s Who of the Year, 1999”
- Nominated for the Prestigious Title “Five Hundred Leaders of Influence” by the Editorial Board of the American biographical Institute (Jan. 1998)
- Nominated for the International Cultural Diploma of honor by ABI Inc.
- Member, ABI’s Research Board of Advisors
- Part-time consultant for Institute of Banking. (October 1996 – October 1997) to design a Specialized Training Program for the Middle Managers in the Saudi Banking Industry.
- Part-Time consultant for Al-Thomairy General Hospital Management, 1999.
- Special assignment by H.E. The Rector to review the job discription of General Directors of KFUPM Administration.
- Special assignment by H.E. The Rector of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals to review the organizational structure proposal for Al-Janaderia Festival 1997.
- Reviewer for member of highly reputable local & regional business periodicals.
- Academic Advisory Board Member for Hail Community College.
- Member in The Organizing Committee for KFUPM Conference on Administrative Sciences: New Horizons & Roles in Development, 1998.
- Special assignment by H.E. The Rector of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals to review the organizational structure proposal for the KFUPM, Deanship of Student Affairs, 1998.
- Student Affair Award 1996, KFUPM, for College of Industrial Management Club Coordinator.
- Applied for the KFUPM Excellence in Research Award for the Academic Year 1998-99
This site is © Copyright Dr. Salem M. Al-Ghamdi
2004-2005, All Rights Reserved