1. M.A.Antar, M. N.Saeed, M. M. Osman, M. K. Ibrahim and A. I. Abdelfattah, "Experimental investigations on the performance and nitrogen oxides emissions of an idled and part load SI engine" Alexandria Engineering Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. A19-A39, 1990 .
2. M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, A. A. Al-Farayedhi, and M. A. Antar, "Boundary layer flow around and inside a liquid sphere", ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 119, pp. 42-49, Dec. 1997.
3. E. M. Mokheimer, M. A. Antar, J. Farooqi and S. M. Zubair, “Analytical and numerical modeling along with PC spreadsheet modeling for a composite fin", Heat and Mass Transfer, Warme und Stoffubertragung Journal, Vol. 32, pp. 229-238, 1997.
4. L. C. Thomas and M. A. Antar, “Heat Transfer in Composite walls: A Practical Two Dimensional Thermal Circuit Method”, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 104 Part 2, pp. 198-209, 1998.
5. M. A. Antar, "A Simplified Solution Technique for Some Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer Problems" International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 22, pp. 1291-1298, 1998.
6. M. A. Antar "A simplified numerical solution of unsteady heat conduction problems with an application to a short cylinder" IJMEE, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 201-212, July, 2000.
7. E. M. Mokheimer and M. A. Antar "On the use of Spreadsheets for Solving Heat Conduction Problems" IJMEE, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 113-139, April, 2000.
8. A. A. Al-Farayedhi, M. A. Antar and A. Khan, "Effect of Equivalence Ratio on the concentration of CH4/NO2/O2 Combustion Products", I. J. Energy Research, Vol. 23, No. 13, pp.1165-1175, 1999.
9. M. A. Antar, A. A. Al-Farayedhi and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, "Steady and transient liquid sphere heating in a convective gas stream", Heat and Mass Transfer Journal, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 148-157, 2000.
10. M. A. Antar "Steady and Transient Analysis of the Performance of Annular Fins" Int. J. Energy Research, Vol. 25, pp. 1197-1206, 2001.
11. M. A. Antar and S. M. Zubair, "Thermoeconomic Considerations in the Optimum Allocation of Heat Exchanger Inventory for a Power Plant" Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 42, pp. 1169-1179, 2001.
12. M. A. Antar and E. M. Mokheimer “Spreadsheet modeling of Transient Three Dimensional Heat Conduction with Various Standard Boundary Conditions” IJMEE, Vol. 30 No.1, pp. 17-34, 2002.
13. M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, "Mixed Convection Around a Liquid Sphere in an Air stream", Heat and Mass Transfer Journal, Vol. 38, No. 4-5, pp. 419-424, 2002.
14. E. M. A. Mokheimer, M. A. Antar, J. Farooqi and Syed M. Zubair "A Spreadsheet Solution of Transient Conduction in Composite Fins", International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 26, pp. 383-397, 2002.
15. M. A. Antar and L. C. Thomas, “Heat Transfer Through a Composite Walls with Enclosed Convective and Radiative Spaces: A Practical Two Dimensional Analysis Approach”, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 107, Part 2, pp. 318-324, 2001.
16. M. A. Antar and S. M. Zubair, " Thermoeconomic Considerations in the Optimum allocation of Heat Transfer Inventory for Refrigeration and Heat Pump Systems” ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, Vol. 124, pp. 28-33, March 2002.
17. P. Gandhidasan, A. A. AL-Farayedhi and M .A. Antar, “ Investigation of heat and mass transfer in a gauze-type structured packing liquid desiccant dehumidifier” Int. J. Energy Research, Vol. 26, No. 12, pp. 1035-1044, 2002.
18. M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, “Effect of viscosity ratio, spin and Reynolds number on the flow characteristics about a liquid sphere in a gas stream” International J Numerical Methods in Heat and Fluid Flow,Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 800-816, 2002.
19. M. A. Antar and L. C. Thomas, “Heat Transfer Through a Composite Wall with an Evacuated Rectangular Graybody Radiating Space: A Numerical Solution”, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 110 Part 2, pp.36-45, 2004.
20. M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, “Simultaneous Effect of Rotation and Natural Convection on the Flow About a Liquid Sphere” Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 40, pp. 393-399, 2004.
21. M. A. Habib, R. Ben-Mansour and M. A. Antar “Flow field and thermal characteristics in a model of a tangentially fired furnace under different conditions of burner tripping”, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 41, pp. 909-920, 2005.
22. A. A. Al-Farayedhi, P Gandhidasan, M. A. Antar and M. S. Abdel Gaffar, “Experimental study of an aqueous desiccant mixture system: air dehumidification and desiccant regeneration”, Proc: IMechE Vol. 219 Part A: Power and Energy, pp. 669-680, 2005.
23. I. S. Hussaini. S. M. Zubair and M. A. Antar, "Area Allocation in Multi-zone Feedwater Heater" Enegy Conversion and Management, Energy conversion and Management, Vol. 47, pp. 568-575, 2007.
24. M A. Antar, S. M. Zubair, "The impact of fouling on performance evaluation of multi-zone feedwater heaters", Applied Thermal Engineering Vol. 27, pp 2505–2513, 2007.
25. M. A. Antar, Maged A. El-Shaarawi, "Generation of Entropy due to Forced Convection Fluid Flow About a Solid Sphere", Int. J Exergy, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2008.
26. M. A. Antar, Maged A. El-Shaarawi, “The Entropy Generation for a Rotating Sphere under Uniform Heat Flux Boundary Condition in Forced Convection Flow”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 19, No. 3/4, pp. 396-410, 2009.
27. M. A. Antar, “Forced convection flow over a microsphere”, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 45, pp. 136-146, 2008
28. M. A. Antar, “Exergy analysis of
conjugate heat transfer through a
building block with multiple enclosed spaces”, Int J. Exergy, Accepted.
29. M. A. Antar and H. Baig, “Conjugate conduction-natural convection heat transfer in a hollow building block” Applied Thermal Engineering ATE, Vol. 29, pp. 3716-3720, 2009.
30. Baig, H., Antar, M. A. and Zubair, S. M., “Performance characteristics of a once through multi stage flash distillation process” Journal of Desalination and Water Treatment,Vol. 13, pp. 174-185, 2010.
31. G. Prakash Narayan, John H. Lienhard, Mostafa H. Elsharqawy, Edward K. Summers, Syed M. Zubair and M. A. Antar, “The Potential of Solar-Driven Humidification-Dehumidification Desalination for Small-Scale Decentralized Water Production”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews Journal ,Vol. 14, No. 4., pp. 1187-1201, 2011.
32. M. A. Antar and S. M. Zubair, “Performance evaluation of a solar still in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia—an improved analysis”, Desalination and water Treatment, Vol. 22, Issues 1-3, pp. 100-110, 2010.
33. J. H. Lienhard, M. A. Antar, A. Smith, J. Blanco, G. Zaragoza, “Solar Desalination”, Annual Reviews of Heat Transfer, Vol. 15, Article 4659, 2012.
35. M. A. Antar and M. H. Sharqawy, “Experimental investigations on the performance of an air heated humidification–dehumidification desalination system” Desalination and water Treatment, In Press. Published online.
36. Karan H. Mistry, Mohamed A. Antar and John H. Lienhard, “An improved model for multiple effect distillation”, Desalination and Water Treatment, In Press, Published online.
37. E. K. Summers, M.A. Antar, and J. H. Lienhard V “Air Heating Solar Collectors with Integrated Phase-change Energy Storage,” Volume 86, Issue 11, pp. 3417–3429, November 2012.
1. M. A. Antar, A. A. Al-Farayedhi, and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi,” Transient Heating of a Circulating Sphere Subjected to a Step Change in Temperature” Al-Azhar Fifth International Engineering Conference, 19-22 December, p.214, 1997.
2. M. A. Antar, A. A. Al-Farayedhi, and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, "Forced Convection Heating of a Liquid Sphere in a Gas Stream", Proceedings of the Second Trabzon International Energy and Environment Symposium, Trabzon, Turkey July 26-29, pp. 329-336, 1998.
3. M. A. Antar and A. A. Al-Farayedhi, "A Simplified Numerical Approach for Solving Multi-Dimensional Transient Heat Conduction Problems" Proceedings of the Fifth Saudi Engineering Conference, Umm Al-Qura University, No. 4, pp. 373-381, 1999.
4. A. A. Al-Farayedhi and M. A. Antar, "Burning Rates of Tent's Fabrics in a Convective Environment" Proceedings of the Fifth Saudi Engineering Conference, Umm Al-Qura University, No. 4, pp. 493-503, 1999.
5. M. A. Antar and L. C. Thomas, "Heat Transfer Through a Wall with an Enclosed Convective and Radiative Space" Workshop on Energy Conservation in Industrial Applications, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Feb. 12-14, 2000.
6. M. A. Antar and M. A. El-Shaarawi, "Heat Transfer Characteristics of a Solid Sphere" Presented at the Twelfth International Symposium on Transport Phenomena, Istanbul, Turkey, July 16-20, 2000.
7. I. Dincer and M. A. Antar," A Generalized Approach for Heat Transfer Modeling for Regular Shaped Objects Subject to Cooling" Presented at the Twelfth International Symposium on Transport Phenomena, Istanbul, Turkey, July 16-20, 2000.
8. A. A. Al-Farayedhi, P. Gandhidasan and M. A. Antar, “Performance study of heat and mass transfer in a structured packing liquid desiccant regenerator” Proceeding of the Thirteen International Symposium on Transport Phenomena, ISTP13 in Victoria, Canada, July 2002, pp. 453-457.
9. A. Al-Farayedhi, P. Gandhidasan, M. A. Antar and M. S. Abdul Gaffar “Experimental study of hybrid liquid desiccant based vapor compression cooling system”, Proceedings of the Sixth Saudi Engineering Conference, KFUPM, Dhahran, 14-17th December 2002, Vol. 5, pp. 503-515.
10. M .A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, “Unsteady Flow around a Liquid Sphere”, accepted for presentation at the 14th International Symposium on Transport Phenomena, ISTP14, 6-10 July, 2003, Bali, Indonesia.
11. ãÍãÏ ÚäÊÑ "ÃåãíÉ ÇáåæÇÁ ßãÇÏÉ ÚÒá ÍÑÇÑí" äÏæÉ ÇáÚÒá ÇáÍÑÇÑí æÃåãíÉ ÊØÈíÞå Ýí Ïæá ãÌáÓ ÇáÊÚÇæä áÏæá ÇáÎáíÌ ÇáÚÑÈíÉ. ÇáÑíÇÖ. ÇáããáßÉ ÇáÚÑÈíÉ ÇáÓÚæÏíÉ 19-21 ÇÈÑíá 2004.
12. M. A. Antar, M. I. El-Shaarawi and M. Gayazullah, “Entropy Generation Around a Solid Sphere in The Forced convection Regime” Proc., 4th International Conference on Computational Heat and Mass Transfer, Paris France, May 17-20, 2005.
13. M. A. Antar “Multi-Dimensional Effects in Estimating the Heat Loss Across Building Envelopes” Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Thermal Engineering Theory and Applications, Al-Ain, UAE 3-6 Jan., 2006.
14. M .A. Antar, "Fluid flow and heat transfer over a micro-sphere", Proceedings of IPACK, 2007, ASME InterPACK '07, July 8-12, 2007, Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA.
15. M.A. Antar and Sahalu Junaido, “Experiences in using technology to implement the seven principles of good practice in education” The second International Conference & Exhibition for Zain e-learning Center, Bahrain 28-30 April, 2008. http://www.econf.uob.edu.bh/admin/Paper/181.swf
16. H. Baig and M. A. Antar, “Conduction / Natural convection analysis of heat transfer across multi-layer building blocks” Proceedings of the Fifth EUROTHERM Conference, 18-22 May 2008, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
17. M. A. Antar, “Mixed Convection Cooling of a Microsphere”, Proceedings of the Eleventh Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITHERM 2008), Jacksonville, Florida May 28-31, 2008, pp. 1107-1113.
18. S.M. Zubair, and M.A. Antar, “Project-Based Teaching and Learning in Thermo-Fluid Courses,” paper presented at Research in Engineering Education Symposium (REES), Davos, Switzerland, July 7-10, 2008.
19. M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, “Entropy generation for a rotating sphere under uniform heat flux condition in mixed-convection flow field” Accepted for presentation at the Sixth international conference for computational heat and mass transfer, ICCHMT, May 18–21, 2009, Guangzhou, CHINA.
20. M. A. Antar, “The Role of Virtual Experiments in Applying the Principles of Good Practice in Teaching”, Presented in the First International Conference for Elearning and Distant Learning, 16-18th March, 2009, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. http://sites.elc.edu.sa/eli2009/Home/session-slides-1
21. M. A. Antar, “Bloom Taxonomy in the E-learning Domain, a Case Study”, accepted for presentation at the Third International Conference & Exhibition for Zain e-learning Center, Bahrain 6-8 April, 2010.
22. A. A. Shabaneh, P. Gandhidasan, M. A. Antar and H. Baig, “Simulation Of HDH Desalination System Using Tilted, Two-Pass Solar Air Heater” Fifteenth International Water Technology Conference, IWTC 15 2011, May 28-31, Alexandria, Egypt.
23. I. A. Shabaneh, M. A. Antar*, S. M. Zubair, P. Gandhidasan and M. H. El-Sharqawy, “Dehumidifier Performance Characteristics Of A HDH Desalination System”, Proceedings of 9th Water Desalination Conferences in the Arab World, ARWADEX, April 17-20, 2011, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
24. Mostafa H. Sharqawy1, Mohamed A. Antar1, Syed M. Zubair1, John H. Lienhard V., “Mobile Solar Desalination System for Potable Water Production in Arid and Off-grid Areas”, Proceedings of IDA Conference, May 2011, Portofino, Italy.
25. R. Ben-Mansour*, A.B.S. Alquaity, S. Al-Dini, M. Antar, “Turbulent Mixed convection in horizontal Variable speed bottom-driven and differentially heated rectangular cavity, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computational Heat and Mass Transfer, 18-22 Jul; 2011 Istanbul, Turkey.
26. R. K. Mcgovern, K. V. Bulusu, M. A. Antar And J. H. Lienhard, “One Dimensional Model Of An Optimum Ejector And Parametric Study Of Ejector Efficiency”, Proceedings of ECOS 2012 - The 25th International Conference On Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation And Environmental Impact Of Energy Systems June 26-29, 2012, Perugia, Italy.
27. G. P. Narayan, R. K. McGovern, G.P. Thiel, J. A. Miller, M. H. Sharqawy, S. M. Zubair, M. A. Antar and J. H. Lienhard V, “Status of Humidification Dehumidification Desalination Systems,,”, IDA World Congress on Desalination and Water Reuse, Perth, AUSTRALIA, Sept. 2011. Received Best Paper Award
28. Mohamed A. Antar, Islam A. Shabaneh, P. Gandhidasan, Syed Zubair and Mostafa H. El-Sharqawy, “Experimental investigations on the performance of an air heated humidification-dehumidification desalination (HDH) system” Proceedings of 10th Water Desalination Conferences in the Arab World, ARWADEX, April 8-11, 2012, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
29. B. Y. Yu, T. Honda, G. M. Zak, A. Mitsos, J. Lienhard, K. Mistry, S. Zubair, M. H. Sharqawy, M. Antar, M. C. Yang. (2012). "Prognosis of Component Degradation Under Uncertainty: A Method for Early Stage Design of a Complex Engineering System." Proceedings of the ASME 2012 Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, July 2-4, Nantes, France.
1. M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi “Mixed Convection Around a Spinning/Non-Spinning Liquid Sphere in a Gas Stream”, May 2002.
2. A. Al-Farayedhi, P. Gandhidasan, M. A. Antar, “Hybrid Liquid Desiccant Based Vapor Compression Cooling System”, KACST Report, August 2002.
3. M. A. Antar, “Heat Transfer Virtual Lab Experiments”, Report submitted to KFUPM Summer Session director upon completion of four Heat transfer experiments in JAVA, July 2002.
4. M. A. Antar, S. Zubair, A. Sahin, F. Ahmed, M. A. Samad and I. Hussaini, “On-Line Heat Transfer” Report on On line project funded by DAD-KFUPM, May 2004.
5. M. A. Habib, M. A. Antar and R. BenMansour “Flow, Temperature and Combustion Characteristics in a Model Furnace of a Tangentially Fired Boiler” May 2004.
6. M. A. Antar, S. M. Zubair and I Hussaiani, "The Effect of Superheating and Subcooling on the Total Heat Exchanger Area for a Feed Water Heater in a Power Plant", March 2006.
7. M. A. Antar and M. A. I. El-Shaarawi "Entropy generation around a solid/liquid sphere in a gas stream" DSR, KFUPM, Nov., 2006.
8. M. A. Antar, “Accurate Estimation of Heat Leak Through hollow Building Blocks”, DSR, KFUPM, 2008.
9. A. Al-Qutub, Mohamed A. Antar, Shafique Khan, Asif Matin and Nizam, “Open Access Initiative” DAD, 2008.
10. Mohamed A. Antar, Shafique Khan, M. Yaqub, “Open Access Initiative, II and III” DAD, 2009.
11. Esmail Mokheimer, M. A. Habib Mohamed A. Antar, S. A. M. Said, I, AlZaharanh M .A. Abido and M. Saahid, “Assessment of hybrid solar power application in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia” Center of Excellence in Renewable Energy, 2010.
12. Mohamed A. Antar and S. M. Zubair, “Analysis and Assessment of Performance of a MSF Evaporation Desalination Plant” DSR, 2010.
13. M. A. Antar, Rached Ben Mansour and Salem Al-Dini, Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer Characteristics in a Varying Speed Lid-Driven Cavity”, DSR, KFUPM, 2011.
14. M. A. Antar, Syed M. Zubair, Mostafa El-Sharqawy, P. Gandhidasan and Habib Abualhamayel, “Multi stage Water Desalination Using Solar Energy”, NSTIP 2011.
15. Syed M. Zubair, Mohamed A. Antar and Inam Mohammed, “Performance Improvement of Refrigeration/Air Conditioning System Using Mechanical Subcooling” NSTIP, 2012.
16. Mohamed A. Antar and Atia Khalifa, “Experimental and Theoretical Investigations of Knock Tendency and Emissions of a Spark Ignition Engine Fueled with Gasoline of Octane 95 and 91” DSR, 2012.