ONE SECTION PRESENTATION
This is 5 points worth activity for MATH 470 students. In this activity you are asked to present in front of your instructor and class mates one new section from those listed in the table below.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
1) Create a PowerPoint slides for the section. The 1st slide is to include the chapter title, section title, your name, ID, etc. Please keep in mind that you have to learn how to use Equation Editor in PowerPoint.
2) Present for 40 minutes the section in front of class.
3) Expect questions from your instructor or class mates during the remaining 10 minutes.
4) You may distribute any handouts if applicable.
5) Toward the end of the class time you have to present a last slide that lists the main messages the author wanted to deliver in the section. This is like a brief summary with emphasis on the key elements of knowledge in the section.
1) Understanding a section is unlike explaining it to others. You need to consider a basic ground of knowledge in you audience. Build on that basic ground until you reach the section main points.
2) Try to use graphs to visualize the math to your audience. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words.
3) Try to use as much examples as needed. Number examples ease the understanding.
4) Use your imagination and creativity skills to make produce your PowerPoint slides and to deliver your presentation.
5) Link your section with the previous section and briefly introduce your class mates to the next section.
First Day of Class
MATH 470 Partial Differential Equations (3-0-3) - Course Description