Dr. Chanane has been a member of several committees over the years. Below are just a few of them:
At KFUPM: (Saudi Arabia)
1. Editorial Board of the College Newsletter (1997-1998)
2. Applied Math. And Differential Equations Group
3. Analysis Group
4. Subcommittee for the Five Year Plan 1995-1999: As a member he has
Contributed to the preparation of the documents which have been instrumental in the evaluation of the BS program in Mathematics by a team of Professors from University of California at Berkeley.
5. Ad-Hoc Committee for the setting up of a database of BS Programs in
mathematics at top twenty US Universities, 1998.
6. Computer Aided Learning Committee (1996-1998)
7. Graduate Committee and M Sc. Subcommittee
He has participated with other faculty in the development of the following courses: Calculus sequence (Math 101, Math 102, Math 201), Math 202 (differential equations), Math 301 (Method of Applied Mathematics), Math 480 (Linear and Nonlinear programming), Math 442 (Calculus of Variations and optimal Control). He has been coordinator for Math 101 and Math 102 (10 sections each), Math 202 and Math 301.
At INELEC: (Algeria)
1. Faculty and Personnel Affairs Committee, (1993-1994)
2. Testing and Admission Committee (1984-1986): as a member of this committee I suggested and implemented the computerization of the academic services and entrance exams.
3. Curriculum Committee (1983-1986), (1990-1994)
He has participated in the development of all the mathematics and control courses offered.