Dedicated to Teaching of Mathematics
The following are links to sites which contain a significant amount of materials
(other than software) which is useful in the teaching of mathematics at the
community college, college and university levels. (For a similar listing of
K-12 sites, check out the Mathematics Archives K-12 Home
- Achieving Quality in Undergraduate Mathematics
- This article
is a Mathematical Sciences Education
- MACMATC - Middle
Atlantic Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications Throughout the Curriculum
- The MACMATC is an NSF-sponsored project involving Penn, Villanova, Community
College of Philadelphia, Polytechnic, some Philadelphia high schools and the
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, that seeks to improve students'
appreciation and understanding of mathematics by infusing math courses with
real applications and other courses with mathematics.
- Math Forum
- Formerly called the Geometry Forum, the Math Forum has as its goal
to build a community that can be a center for all who have an interest in
mathematics education. They work towards this goal in several ways: hosting
of newsgroups, organizing a collection of links to various mathematics resources,
and involvement with the development and evaluation of Internet math materials.
- Math Teacher Link
- Math Link is a website based at the University of Illinois that is designed
to deliver professional development opportunities and classroom resources
to teachers of mathematics, statistics and related subjects at the high school
and lower division college levels.
Sciences Education Board
- The MathSkills Discipline
- The Department for Education and Employment (U.K.) has established 24 university-based
Discipline Networks from 1st April 1996, covering a wide variety of academic
subject areas, with the aim of facilitating the dissemination of information
on innovations in teaching and learning. Mathskills will provide information
to the mathematical community through its Web Homepage, which will include
regular newsletters, survey data, a discussion group and conference details,
as well as gradually establishing reference material such as expert lists,
exemplars of good practice, case studies and other support material.
- MER - Mathematicians and Education
- The Mathematicians and Education Reform (MER) Forum seeks to promote within
the mathematics community the continuing discussion of educational issues,
dissemination of educational resources, and building of collegial associations
to support the successful involvement of mathematicians in education reform.
- Oklahoma State University
Mathematics Education Center
- The Oklahoma State University Mathematics Education Internet Source was
opened March 21, 1995 with the aid of a National Science Foundation grant
#DUE 9450848. Our goal is to serve mathematics educators, particularly as
their needs relate to the use of technology in undergraduate mathematics.
- Project Kaleidoscope
- Project Kaleidoscope is an informal national alliance dedicated to strengthening
undergraduate science and mathematics education.
- This column, edited by Annie and John Selden, contains brief expositions
of research on undergraduate mathematics education and is linked to a bibliography,
a glossary, and a list of research questions.
for teaching statistics
- This page tries to collect some information about spreadsheets with an emphasis
on mathematics and statistics education.
- Using Technology in Mathematics
- This WEB page is presented by Central Michigan University and partially
funded by an Annenberg/ CPB grant. The goal of this page is to provide an
information forum specifically for instructors interested in Technological
and Innovative reform in Mathematics Service Courses.
Acknowledgment: Many of the descriptions given above are taken from
the documents at the listed site.