Dr. Ahmed Shawky Ibrahim
Associate Professor of Mathematics
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
Department Of Mathematical Sciences
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +966 - 03 - 8602439
Ph.D. (Algebra: Some New Homological Classes of Rings), Assuit University, Egypt
M.A. (Applied Mathematics), Pennsylvania State University, USA
M. Sc. (Algebra: Embedding Theorems of Groups), Alexandria University, Egypt
Area of Research Activities (Past, Present and Planned):
(i) Extension of Partial Automorphisms of Groups
(ii) Relations in Ordered Group
(iii) Homological Characterizations of Rings
(iv) Fuzzy Algebraic Structures: Fuzzy Subgroups
Taught a variety of Math courses at Alexandria University, Kuwait University,
Pennsylvania State University, and King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals.
Preparatory Mathematics 1, 2, and 3
Calculus I, II, and III
Calculus for Applied Engineers 1 and 2
Calculus for Industrial Management 1 and 2
Finite Mathematics for Industrial Management
Differential Equations for Applied Engineers
Undergraduate and Graduate Algebra Course
M.Sc. and Ph. D. Thesis Committees:
I have served as member of 7 M.Sc. and 4 Ph.D. thesis committees and as a chairman of one
M.Sc. thesis committee. All these were in the field of Algebra.
Refereeing and Reviewing:
Evaluated several article and papers for possible presentation and/or publication in Mathematics
workshop, Mathematics conferences and referred journals.
Coordinated and/or cooperated several short courses offered to male and female high school
Math Teachers in Saudi Arabia.
Technical Seminars and Presentations:
Delivered and/or supervised several technical technical
seminars and presentation in group theory,
ring theory, lattices, fuzzy algebra, and on the importance of mathematics to all majors.
Commitees and Other Activities:
I have served as a member and/or chairman on several committees on departmental college, university
and outside university levels. For example, Planning and Advisory Committees, Undergraduate Committees,
Algebra Committee, Prep-Year Math Committee, Textbook Committee, The Scientific Committee, Promotion
Committees, College of Science Community Service Committee, and many other committees.
(I) Full Length Books, Manuals, Computer Assisted
Lessons, and Video Tapes:
1. Analytic Geometry for Junior Colleges in Saudi Arabia (Textbook; Joint). (Arabic)
2. Concurrent to the First Course in Differential Equations for Applied
Engineers at KFUPM (Lab Manual).
3. Computer Assisted Lessons and Specimen Problems for the computer
Assisted Learning (CAL) Program at KFUPM ( Interactive Math Problems).
4. Math-lessons on Video Tapes for the Prep-Year Students.
1. "Modernized curricula in Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Sciences".
This team project was sponsored by the Islamic Scientific Education and
Cultural Organization (ISESCO).
2. " Annotated Teachers' Guide in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science",
Sponsored by ISESCO (Six volumes for Grades VII to XII).
3. Cooperated in preparing curricula and syllabi of
several undergraduate and
graduate course at KFUPM.
(III) Research Papers:
1. C. G Chehata, and A. Shawky Ibrahim"A Note on Extending Partial Automorphisms of Abelian
Groups" (Joint). J. Aust. Math soc. This paper has been quoted and enlisted in the bibliography
of Vol. II of Fuchs' Book "Infinite Abelian Groups".
2. C. G Chehata, and A. Shawky Ibrahim "Relation on Ordered Groups" (Joint). Proc. Math & Phys.
Soc. of Egypt. This paper has been quoted and enlisted in the bibliography of the following:
(i) C. Fox, "The Problem of Adjourning roots to Ordered Groups", Ph.D. Thesis,
Australian National University, (ii) C. Fox , "Commentators in Orderable Groups",
Communication in Algebra.
3. A Shawky Ibrahim "Existence Theorem for Abelian Groups", Arabian Journals for Science and
Engineering ( AJSE).
J. Ahsan, and A.. S. Ibrahim "Some Homological Characterizations of Rings" (Joint).
5. A Shawky Ibrahim, and S. Khattas "On Fuzzy Quotient Subgroups" ( Joint). Proc. Of the Pak. Acad of Sc.
6. M. Ahmed, and A Shawky Ibrahim"Fuzzy Subsets and Probability" (Joint). Third Islamic Countries
Conference on Statistical Sciences.
7. A Shawky Ibrahim, and S. Khattas "On the Level Subgroup
Representation of a Finite Fuzzy
Subgroup" (Joint). Proc of the Pak. Acad. of Sc.
8. C. G Chehata, and A. Shawky Ibrahim "Normal Form of the Elements of the Direct Product of
Groups with One Amalgamated Subgroups" (Joint). J. of Nat. Sc. & Math.
9. C. G Chehata, and A. Shawky Ibrahim "On the direct Product of Groups with one Amalgamated
Subgroup" (Joint). Bull of Faculty of Science, Alexandria.
10. A. Shawky Ibrahim On the Misbehavior of Some Commutators
in Ordered Groups (ABSTRACT).
Conference in Algebra and Geometry, Kuwait University.
11. J. Ahsan, and A.. S. Ibrahim "Some Homological Characterizations of Regular
C.R. Math., Acad. Sc. Canada.
12. A Shawky Ibrahim, and S. Khattas "Normal
sequence of Refined Fuzzy Subgroups", Presented
at the International conference on General Algebra, Krems, Austria.
13. "The Annuli of Fuzzy Subgroups" (Under
14. "An Essay on Fuzzy Subgroups" ( Under