Here's a brief description of the materials on this disk.
- Chapter Capsules - each of these include the summary, important terms, and exercises for a chapter. The terms are represented as hyperlinks to the glossary and each of the URLs mentioned in the exercises is represented as a hyperlink.
- Glossary - the complete glossary from the text.
- Search Strategy - the ten-step search strategy mentioned in the text.
- Search Quiz - an online hypertext quiz designed to lead you through learning about different search tools. The quiz, unlike the other items on this disk, opens in a new browser window. You may want to close that window before going back to the other materials.
- Email Basics - an introduction to using email.
- Discussion Groups - an introduction to the concepts and techniques of using email discussion groups.
- Usenet Basics - the basics for getting started with Usenet
- Web Site - a hyperlink to the Web page that accompanies Searching and Researching on the Internet and the World Wide Web.
|This material has been prepared to accompany the book "Searching and Researching on the Internet and the World Wide Web, Third Edition" (ISBN 1887902716) by Ernest Ackermann and Karen Hartman, and published by Franklin, Beedle and Associates, Incorporated, Wilsonville OR, ©2002. No part of this may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transcribed without permission of the publisher.|