Dr. SanLinn I. Kaka
EARTH SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
· Seismological Society of America
· American Geophysical Union
· Dhahran Geoscience Society
Session Chair, Advanced Topics on Geology and Seismology
International Conference on Geology and Seismology, (GES'08), University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, February 23-25, 2008.
External Reviewer: INCO Mine, Sudbury
Participated as an external reviewer in the review process of the MN 4.1 event that occurred on November 29th 2006 with other principal reviewers (Drs. P. Kaiser, Wilson Blake, S. Mckinnon, R. Brummer, F. Suorineni, S. Maloney, P. Vasak and K. Beauchamp) and participants (Y. Krynicki, S. Runnalls, D. O'Donnell, John Pincevero, R. Barclay, Dr. D. Thibodeau, D. Duncan & R. Howes) at both Creighton and Garson mines, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, February 7- 10, 2007.
Chair, Seismology Session
The 2nd IASME / WSEAS International Conference on GEOLOGY and SEISMOLOGY (GES'08), February 23 – 25, 2008, the University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
The First Student Conference on "Earthquake Engineering and Related Topics", Carleton University, February 20, 2004. Sponsored by Ottawa Carleton Earthquake Engineering Research Centre.
Annual Conference on “Advances in Earth Sciences Research Conference”, Carleton University, March 7, 2003. Sponsored by Graduate Students of the Ottawa-Carleton Geoscience Centre.
Seismological Research Letters Eastern Section, the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America and Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering.
Carleton University Graduate Society of Earth Sciences, Ottawa, 2002-2005.
PROFESSIONAL SHORT COURSES:
· Successfully passed the Petrel short course held on February 7 to 8, 2009 by the Schlumberger.
· Various training programs such as "Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System", "NORCAT Health and Safety" and "Seismometer Installation, Operation and Data Retrieving, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, during summer 2006.
· Training program on operations and basic maintenance of geophysical instruments (CG-3 Gravity Meter, Magnetometer, Resistivity meter, 12-channel Seismograph and VLF) conducted by Scintrex Instrumentation and Services, Canada, during summer 1994.