Dr. Abdulrahman M. Jarad
I was involved in many client-funded projects in the Research Institute of the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in the Division of Geology & Minerals (currently renamed to Center of Petroleum & Minerals). The work included, carrying out field works, conducting lab experiments and analyzing and interpreting data using different computer platforms. These projects were mainly for the Saudi Aramco. Here is a list of the major projects and brief description of my roll in each of them:
1. Core description of 2500 ft of selected cores from the Ghawwar giant oil field.( 12 months). I was involved in core description, petrographic analysis and writing the final report.
2. Studying the spatial analysis of porosity and permeability in the northern part of Ghawwar field (2 years). I was involved in conducting the univariate and Bivariate statistical analysis for the collected data.
3. Reconstruction of the geology of Midyan area, NW-Saudi Arabia, using Landsat MSS & TM images. (6 months). I was involved in ground truthing of the interpreted data and in writing the final report.
4. Preparation of an electronic map for the Ghawwar oil field. using Geographic Information System (GIS). (30 months). I was involved in preparing, reformatting and merging of various types of data (topographic, seismic, magnetic, engineering data, surface and subsurface data, field data, etc. ) so they can be used and integrated in the GIS environment.
June 1998- till date Working as a lecturer from 1998-2005 and as Assistant Professor from August 2005 till date in the Earth Sciences Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals.
Professional Development: Short Courses & conferences Attended
· The New Methods of Administrative Thinking, conducted by the SAMACO, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 12-28 April 1992.
· Time Management, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia,1990
· Attended the 4th Meeting of the Saudi Society of Earth Sciences held in Jeddah from 12 to16 Oct. 1997 and presented a seminar entitled “ Geostatistical Evaluation of the Hazm Al-Jalamid Phosphorite Deposit, NW-Saudi Arabia”
· Attended the 5th Meeting of the Saudi Society of Earth Sciences Held in Dhahran from 21-25 Oct. 1998 and presented a papers entitled “ The Geology of Midyan Area”.
LECTURES AND TALKS PRESENTED
Sequence Stratigraphic Modeling for the Northern National Petroleum Reserve of Alaska.
The Geologuy of Medyan Area, NW Saudi Arabia, University of South Carolina, 2001
Geochemical Assessment of the Source Rock Kerogen In the Mydian Sub-basin, NW Saudi Arabia
Teaching GEOL 521 (Advanced Petroleum Geology), Spring 2006.