Horizontal lines can divide sections of text for easy reading.
- Place the cursor on the page where the horizontal line should
- Select Insert|Horizontal Line from the menu bar.
- Double click on the line to change its properties.
- Set the Width of the line either as a percentage of the
window or an absolute size in pixels.
- Change the thickness of the line by setting the Height
- Set the Alignment of the line to the left, center, or
right size of the page.
- The lines are automatically shaded to give the illusion of
depth. Check the Solid line box to make the line all one
color and set a Color for the line if necessary (not
supported by Netscape).
Shaded horizontal line:
Solid horizontal line (red when viewed with MSIE):
- Click OK when finished.
Add unique symbols such as the copyright (©) and accented letters
(é) from the Symbol dialog box. Select
Insert|Symbol... from the menu bar. Click the symbol on the
list you want to add and it will appear in the preview window. Click
the Insert button to add the symbol to the page. Keep adding
symbols and click Close when finished.
Text can be hidden from visitors to your web page and still be
visible to you when the page is edited in FrontPage. These comments
can be added by following these steps:
- Place the cursor on the page at the location where the comment
will be added.
- Select Insert|Comment from the menu bar.
- Type the text in the Comment box and click OK.
- Notice that the commented text begins with "Comment: " and is
another color to differentiate it from regular text. Open the page
in a browser to see that the commented text is not visible on the