The themes provided in FrontPage can be modified to fit your
needs. If you have already assigned a theme to a page that could
like to modify it, follow the steps on this page. First select
Format|Themes and click the modify button. This action will
reveal additional buttons for modifying themes.
Click the Colors... button to modify the color
- Color Schemes tab - Select preset color schemes from
the list and preview those colors in the theme in the Sample of
- Color Wheel tab - Click and drag the circle in the
color wheel to alter the color scheme. Use the Brightness slider
to brighten and dim the colors.
- Custom tab - Change each text type individually by
selecting the item from the drop-down menu and assigning a color.
- Click OK when you are finished modifying the color
The bullets, banners, and backgrounds on a theme can be changed
as well. Click the Graphics... button to change the images in
- Select items from the drop-down menu. Change the images from
the text field provided under the Picture tab and modify
the fonts used from the Font tab.
- At the bottom of the window, select "Normal Graphics" for
static images and "Active Graphics" for Java rollover applets.
- Click OK when finished.
The Text... button will provide a menu that will allow you
to change the font of elements in the theme.
- Select a text element from the Item drop-down menu and
then select the new font for the item from the Font list.
- Click the More Text Styles... button to change
additional text properties.
Saving a Modified Theme
If you plan on using the same modified theme on other pages, the
theme can be saved. Click the Save As button on the
Themes dialog box and enter a name for the theme.