Date of Birth :
Place of Birth : Almedinah, Saudi Arabia
Status : Married, 6 children
Nationality : Saudi Arabian
Geotechnical engineering, soil-structure
interaction, and environmental geotechnique.
Faculty development, program assessment and
distance education & e-Learning
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, King Fahd
University of Petroleum & Minerals, 1978.
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of
Colorado, Boulder, 1981, Thesis title "Offshore Soil-Structure Interaction
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of
Colorado, Boulder, 1985, Thesis title "Soil Structure Interaction Analysis and
Evaluation of Bounding Surface Plasticity Model".
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- International Society of Soil Mechanics and
Foundation Engineering (ISSMFE)
- American Association of Higher Education
- American Society of Engineering Education
- Graduate Assistant in Civil Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering
- Associate Professor in Civil Engineering
Department, 1990 1995
- Professor in Civil Engineering Department,
- Chairman of Civil Engineering Department,
- Director of Academic Development Center,
- Dean of Academic Development, 2003-present.