OPNET Simulation Software Tool Usage
OPNET simulation tool aquired by the King Fahd University of
Petroleum and Minerals for the Computer Engineering department has been used to
study and simulate system level networks, protocols, network traffic, Wide Areas
Neworks, Local Area Networks, intranets, internetworks, etc. The following is a
sample of work, projects, and research that have so far been using OPNET.
- COE 443 : OPNET is used to conduct a project.
It is used in the second phase of the design project to evaluate and verify
correctness of the paper design. Also students are to study the services
proposed by the client and project future neeeds of network expansion. The
students are first introduced to the tool and then they start design with help
of teaching assistance.
- COE 444: Sample
- EE are frequently using OPNET in their
Senior Design Project
- A study of Network Design, Modeling, SImulation, and Perform
- Simulation study of Internet Routing Protocols using OPNET
- Performance study of wireless LAN
- Simulation Study of Wireless Ad Hoc network routing protocol
- Modeling and simulation environment for NG WNetworks
- Scheduling Algorithms for Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
- OPNET-CCSE -NET characterization
- Design and simulate a university internetwork using OPNET
- Design of a Wireless Ad-hoc network
- Ethernet Traffic study on a multiserver network
- COE 560: OPNET is introduced as a simulation
and performance evaluation tool for graduate students that are willing to
pursue their course work or reasrch with that tool.
- Master thesis: Memory management and its impact
of network resources such as buffer.
- Other Research:
- Some queuing schemes and flow control mechanisms are being studied using
OPNET and their effect of network performance.
- Performance analysis of Congestion Control in active network platform
(achieved for a PhD thesis).
- Mirror site update using active networks (achieved for a PhD thesis).