COE-587 Performance Evaluation
Fall 2009 Semester (091)
Marks for final exam are out. I will be in office
Saturday Jan 30th from 8:00 to 1:00 pm in case you stop by to review your paper.
Please also collect and check your homework and quiz papers for discrepancies. I
will finalize marks/grades by Sunday Jan 31st noon time.
Click here for course syllabus.
The textbook's slides can be found at the following link:
Students are responsible for the material in the book and that in the
handouts. The class notes are just "notes"; they may not cover all
required material. The book is the reference for the required material. Be
advised that the notes below are subject to change.
- Part I: An Overview of Performance Evaluation
- Part II: Measurement Techniques and Tools
- Part III: Probability Theory and Statistics
- Part IV: Experimental Design and Analysis
- Part V: Simulation
- Part VI: Queueing Networks
- A tool for probability distributions and quantiles
- Area under the unit normal distribution:
- Tables for calculating normal quantiles: Table
A.2 and Table A.3. For t-variate quantiles:
- Refer to the instructor's
slides on Chapter 12
and Chapter 13 for the needed Matlab code.
- Introduction to simulations and
Analysis of simulation results.
- My notes on Queueing (Chapter 31)
[See author's notes for chapters 30 and 31 too].
- Course projects and deliverables are discussed and specified in class
(Week of Oct 31st).
Quizzes and Major Exams:
- Quiz01: Oct 17th, 2009 - Due Sat Oct 24th in
class. Solution key.
- Quiz02: Nov 2nd, 2009 - Due Sat Nov
7th in class. Solution key.
- Quiz03: Nov 14th, 2009 - Due Wed
Nov 18th in class. Solution key.
- Quiz04: Dec 7th, 2009 - Due Mon Dec 14th in class.
- Midterm: Dec 10th, 2009 -
- Quiz05: Dec 19th, 2009 - Due Mon
Dec 21st, 2009. Solution key.
- Quiz06: Dec 28th, 2009 - Due Sat Jan 2nd, 2010.
- Quiz07: Jan 17th, 2010 - Due Sat
Jan 23rd, 2010. Solution key - The
key solution is not 100% correct (especially for the rejection method). For
ideal solution, please refer
to solved example (last few slides) in this lecture
Check Your Status:
To check your marks for
quizzes and homework as well as yours exams, bonus, etc click
Matlab Tutorial Material:
More detailed material at:
The MathWorks website - The makers of Matlab
No of visits to this page:
since Oct 10th, 2009.