COE-402 Computer Systems
Pdf file of the Tutorial material needed for
The answers to
the textbook problems are now scanned and posted in the Assignments section.
Solution - Part b.1 Moving Average method is
deliverable - Monday August 8th, 2005
4 new slides
containing pseudo code for project have been added
Attendance is now report
- See Marks section - There are warnings!!
Project groups are ALL
finalized - See Project Section
Click here for course syllabus.
The author's slides can be found at the following
Students are responsible for the material in the book and that in the
handouts. The class notes are just "notes"; they may not cover all
required material. The book is the reference for the required material. Be
advised that the notes below are subject to change.
- Introduction: Example of a queueing system
- Introduction: Author's slides for chapter 1, 2, and 3
- Review of basic probability theory and random variables - Author's slides
for chapter 12 and 13. Also refer to my
- Some more material on
probability theory (much more than required in this course).
- A tool for probability distributions and quantiles
- Area under the unit normal distribution: Table
- Tables for calculating normal quantiles: Table
A.2 and Table A.3. For t-variate quantiles:
- Introduction to simulations and
Analysis of simulation results.
- My notes on Queueing (Chapter 31)
[See author's notes for chapters 30 and 31 too].
- The TA will be marking your homeworks and quizzes and the model answer
will be posted on the web. If you think he misjudged a question please check
with him after you compare with the model answer. If you still think you
need the question rechecked, please arrange to see me during office hours.
- The TA for July is Mr. Md Aijaz Mohiuddin
- The TA for August is Mr. Abdul Subhan
- Final answers to textbook
- Reading Assignment: Read chapters 1, 2, and 3. There will be a quiz on
- Homework #1: Due date July 16th,
2005 - solution.
- Homework #2: Chapter 12, problems: 2, 6, 7, 11, and 15. Chapter 13:
problems: 2. (Scanned image of
Problem 13.2). - solution
- Homework #3: Introduction to
simulations and analysis of simulation results (employing opnet) - Due date:
Wed August 17,2005
Quizzes and Major Exams:
Check Your Status:
To check your marks for
quizzes and homework as well as yours exams, bonus, etc click
here (Major 1 statistics are
here - major 2 stats are
here -It has the bonus question too).
- Attendance is reported here.
Matlab Tutorial Material:
More detailed material at:
The MathWorks website - The makers of Matlab
Links or Material of Interest