1. Al-Thukair, A. A,. Raeid M.Abed, and Mohamed, L. "Microbial Community of Cyanobacteria mats in the Intertidal zone of Oil-polluted Coast in Saudi Arabia". J.Marine pollution Bull. Vol. 54 (2007), pp.173-179.
2. Raeid M.Abed, Al-Thukair, A. A,. and Dirk de Beer. "Bacterial diversity of cyanobacterial mat degrading petroleum compounds at elevated salinity and temperatures ".FEMS Microbiol Ecol, Vol. 57 (2006), pp. 290-301.
3. Ashraf. M.W., Al-Thukair, A. A, and Al-Malack, M.H. " Selective transport of silver ions through crown ether supported liquid membraines". Oriental Journal of Chemistry. Vol. 20 (2004), pp.1-6.
4. Al-Rehaily. A., Mohammad S. A, Ilias. M, Al-Thukair, A, Perzanowski. H " Furoquinoline alkaloids from Teclea nobilis". Phytochemistry. Vol. 64 (2003), pp. 1405-1411.
5. Al-Thukair, A.A. “Effect of Oil Pollution on Euendolithic Cyanobacteria of the Arabian Gulf". Envi.Microbiology. Vol.4 (2002), pp. 125-29.
6. Ï. ÃÓÚÏ ÃÍãÏ ÇáÐßíÑ: ãÄÊãÑ ÊÎØíØ æÊØæíÑ ÇáÊÚáíã æÇáÈÍË ÇáÚáãí ÇáÊØÈíÞí Ýí ÇáÏæá ÇáÚÑÈíÉ. ãÌáÉ ÌÇãÚÉ Ãã ÇáÞÑì ááÚáæã æÇáØÈ æÇáåäÏÓÉ . ÇáãÌáÏ 15.ÇáÚÏÏ 1. (1423)ÕÝÍÉ 5-8.
7. Golubic, S., Al-Thukair, A.A. and Gektidis, M., “New Euendolithic Cyanobacteria from the Arabian Gulf and Bahama Bank: Solentia sangunia sp.nov.” Archive Fuer Hydrobiologie. Supplement. Algological Studies.Vol.83 (1996), pp. 291-301.
8. Al-Thukair, A.A. and Golubic, S. “Characterization of Hyella caespitosa var. arbuscula var. nov. from shoaling ooid sand grains, Arabian Gulf.” Nova Hedwigia. , Beiheft. Vol. 112 (1996)., pp. 83-91.
9. Al-Thukair, A.A. Golubic, S. and Rosen, G. “New Euendolithic Cyanobacteria from the Bahama Bank and the Arabian Gulf. II. Hyella racemus sp.nov. in Shoaling Ooid Sand Grains.” Journal of Phycology. Vol. 30 (1994)., pp. 764-769.
10.Al-Thukair, A. A., and Al-Hinai, Khattab,. “Preliminary Damage Assessment Of algal Mats Sites Located in the Western Gulf Following the 1991 Oil spill.” Journal of. Marine Pollution Bulletin. Vol. 22 (1993)., pp. 229-38.
2.Refereed technical reports
1. Al-Thukair, A.A., and Al-Hinai, Khatab. “Distribution, andenvironmental status of algal mat sites located on the East Coast of Saudi Arabia following oil spill.” In: Final Report of the Scientific Workshop on the Result of the R/V Mt. Mitchell Cruise in the ROPME Sea Area, Kuwait. Vol. 2 (1993), pp. 14-34.
Technical Proposal (Delivered December 1999)
Progress Report (Delivered August 2000)
Progress Report (Delivered February 2001)
Final Report (Delivered April 2002)
Technical Proposal (Delivered May 2002)
Final Report (Delivered December 2002)
4. Sustaining Research Project-Marine environmental studies
(PN# 24131) (Client: Saudi Aramco; Participation: co-investigator)
Dredging and Spoils Disposal Report (Delivered May 20, 1992)
Land Filling-Benthos & Plankton Baseline (Delivered May 20, 1992)
Coral Reef Monitoring-Annual Report (Delivered May 20, 1992)
Annual Report (Delivered May 20, 1992)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report (Delivered May 20, 1992)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report (Delivered August 4, 1992)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report (Delivered November 15, 1992)
Annual Report (Delivered July 28, 1993)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report (Delivered October 24, 1993)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report (Delivered May 11, 1994)
Draft Final Report (Delivered August 3, 1994)
Final Report (Delivered June 17, 1995)
Volume 1. Overview and Biotope Maps.
Volume 2. Dredging Impact Investigations.
Volume 3. Abu Ali Causeway Impact Investigations.
Volume 4. Mangrove Investigations.
Volume 5. Coral Reef Investigations.
Volume 6. Outfall Investigations.
Volume 7. Platform Investigations.
Volume 8. Hydrodynamic Models for Tidal, Wind-Driven, and Density Driven
Circulation in the Arabian Gulf.
Volume 9. Pollutant and Sediment Transport Models.
Volume 10. Thermal and Brine Models for the Arabian Gulf.
5. Development of Red Sea Biotope Maps Using Remote Sensing Imagery
(PN# 24164) (Client: Saudi Aramco; Participation: co-investigator)
Technical Proposal (Delivered May 1996)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report (Delivered October 25, 1996)
Quarterly Progress Report (Delivered March 12, 1997)
Quarterly Progress Report (Delivered September 18,1997)
Quarterly Progress Report (Delivered February 7,1998)
Quarterly Progress Report (Delivered September 15,1998)
Quarterly Progress Report (Delivered February ,1999)
6. Final Report of "Two Years Monitoring Program of Algal Mats Located in Red Sea (KACST AT-16-90)(Client: KACST;
Participation: Principle Investigator)
Technical Proposal (Delivered December 1996)
Quarterly Letter Progress Report ( Delivered April 30, 1998)
Progress Report (Delivered November 1998)
Progress Report (Delivered May 1999)
Progress Report (Delivered January 2001)
Progress Report (Delivered September 2003)
Progress Report (Delivered April 2004)
7. Studies to determine foul smell due to pollution in Dammam Cournish.
4. Books and Book Chapters
Al-Thukair, A.A. Algal Mats and their role in oil biodegradation. In: Assessment & Remediation of Oil Contaminated Soils. Ed. Kostecki, Pand Behbehani, M. Arab School on Science and Technology. New Age International Ltd. (1999), pp. 209-217
Höpner, T., Yousef, M., Berthe-Corti, L, Felzman, H., Struck, H., and Al-Thukair, A. Cyanobacterial mats on Oil Polluted sediments-Start of a Promising Self Remediation Process? In: Amarine Wildlife Sanctuary for the Arabian Gulf. Environmental Research and Conservation Following the 1991 Gulf War Oil Spill. Ed. Krupp, F. et al National Commission for Wildlife Conservation and Development Publication. Riyadh and Senckenberg Research