Herman Paul Perzanowski
Date of Birth: 25 August 1939
Marital Status : Married
1. Academic Rank: Associate Professor of Chemistry
2. Degrees, Field, Institutions and Date:
PhD, Organic Chemistry, University of Virginia, 1966;
BS, Chemistry, Wheeling College, 1961
3. Number of Years of Service on KFUPM Faculty: 38 years
Original Appointment; 1966 Assistant Professor
Advancements 1971 Associate Professor
4. Other Related Experience:
Sabbatical 1975-1976 University Hawaii, Marine Natural Products Research
5. Specific Programs in Which Faculty Member has Participated to Improve Teaching and Professional Competence Recent:
a) Developed the graduate NMR Course 590.
b) Attended NMR training course at JOEL in Japan.
c) Attended workshop on A Learning Centered Approach to Teaching.
6. Other Assigned Duties Performed During the Academic Year:
a) Chairman of the committee for the Purchase and Installation of the JOEL 500 MHz Lambda NMR in 1996.
b) Manage the Operation and Maintenance of the Departmental NMR Instruments.
c) Supervise the Organic Division of the Chemistry Department.
1) Maintain organic laboratories, direct organic laboratory technicians, order chemicals and equipment.
2) Represent division in course offerings, and teaching assignments.
7. University and Departmental Committees::
Space Utilization Committee, Safety Committee, Lab Development Committee, Curriculum Committee all for many years.
Health, Safety and Security Committee and Community Affairs Committee both for several years.
8. Extracurricular activities:
a) I enjoy traveling and camping in the desert as well as observing the the natural history of the flora and fauna of the desert.
b) I enjoy beach and sea activities. My wife and I sailed a Hobie Cat 16 for several years. I have also done a lot of scuba diving, but have not been so active at this in recent years.
c) I have flown falcons for many years off and on and am presently continuing this sport.