The COOP coordinator a faculty member assigned by the department to coordinate are activities related to the program. His duties are as follows:
- To administer the COOP registration process.
- To prepare a list of eligible students and send it to the COOP office.
- To assign a COOP advisor for each student.
- To assign an examination committee for each student.
- To follow up with the COOP advisors on the progress of the students at work.
- To receive students evaluations from the employer, advisor and examiners.
- To assign a grade for each student based on the evaluations according to the departmental COOP grading policy.
- To send the COOP final grades to the university registrar through the department chairman.