S. U. Rahman
►Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide
Economic Analysis, Plant Simulation, Cost Estimation, Feasibility Analysis, Electrochemical Engineering, CO2 reduction, Solar Cells, Fuel Cells, Corrosion and Mass Transfer
- Electrochemical conversion of carbon-dioxide to hydrocarbons using solid electrolyteFunds: National Science and Technology Plan (NSTP), KACST, SR 1,867,000, Period: 24 Months, Sept 2009, Team: S. U. Rahman (PI), S. M. J. Zaidi, M. S. Ba-Shammakh, B. J. Abdulaleem
- Novel Composite Membranes and Carbon Nanotobes based Electro-catalyst for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell. Funds: National Science and Technology Plan (NSTP), KACST, SR 1,994,000, Period: 24 Months, Sept 2009, Team: S. M. J. Zaidi, S. U. Rahman (PI)
- Performance Evaluation and Testing of New Membranes and Electro-catalysts for Fuel Cells,Funds: Center of Research Excellence in Renewable Energy, SR 2,511,500, Period: 42 Months, Sept, 2008, Team: S. M. J. Zaidi(PI), S. U. Rahman Sk. A. Ali, S. Ahmed
- Membrane and Cell Development for Electrochemical Conversion of Carbon dioxide to Hydrocarbons, Funds: Center of Research Excellence in Renewable Energy, SR 2,951,250, Period: 42 Months, Sept. 2008, Team: S. U. Rahman (PI). S. M. J. Zaidi, M. S. Ba-Shammakh
- S. U. Rahman*, “Natural convection transport from sphere held in vertical cylindrical cavities” Accepted, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering.
- S. U. Rahman*, “Mass transfer from outer surface of thin tubes in parallel turbulent flow” Accepted, Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering.
- Inamuddin*, T. A. Cheema, S.M.J. Zaidi, S.U. Rahman, “Three dimensional numerical investigations for the effects of gas diffusion layer on PEM fuel cell performance” Renewable Energy, 36(2), 529-535, 2011.
- S.U. Rahman*, “Corrosion protection of steel by catalyzed polypyrrole films” Surface and Coatings Technology, 205(8-9), 3035-3042, 2011.
- S. A. Ali*, H. A. Al-Muallem, M. T. Saeed, S. U. Rahman, “Hydrophobic-tailed bicycloisoxazolidines: A comparative study of the newly synthesized compounds on the inhibition of mild steel corrosion in hydrochloric and sulfuric acid media” Corrosion Science, 50(3), 664-675, 2008
- M. Bello, S. M. J. Zaidi*, S. U. Rahman, “Proton and methanol transport behavior of SPEEK/TPA/MCM-41 composite membranes for fuel cell application” Journal of Membrane Science, 322(1), 218-224, 2008.
- S.A. Ali*, H. A. Al-Muallem, S. U. Rahman, M. T. Saeed, “Bis-isoxazolidines: A new class of corrosion inhibitors of mild steel in acidic media” Corrosion Science, 50(11), 3070-3077, 2008.
- Safdar Hossain, PhD, Electrochemical conversion of CO2 into hydrocarbons. (2011)
- Bello Mukhtar, PhD, Development of methanol electro-oxidation catalysts for direct methanol fuel cell application (2010)
- Shahid Basir, MS, Electrochemical Reduction of carbon dioxide on oxides of tin and nickel (2011)
- Khaled M. Al-Dossary , MS, "Development of mass transfer probes based on LDCT" (2011)
- Abdul Rauf, MS, Methanol permeation through composite membrane of SPEEK and MCM 41. (Co-Advisor)
- Saad Al-Lowemi, MS, Development and characterization of new corrosion inhibitors
- Bello Mukhtar, MS, Methanol permeation through proton exchange membranes of fuel cells" (Co-Advisor)
- Ahmed Nafees , MS, Development of Electrochemical CO filters for fuel cells
- Mohammed Irfan, MS, “Electrochemical characterization of novel fuel cell membranes” (Co-Advisor)
- Mubarak Al-Khater, MS, “Buoyancy-driven mass transfer at vertical cylinder embedded in porous medium”, 2003
- Nabeel Abo-Ghander, MS, “Integration of electrolytic and electrodialytic process for waste-water treatment”, 2003.
- Mohammed Ba-Shammakh, MS, “Electropolymerization of pyrrole on mild steel for corrosion protection”, 2002
- Abdullah Al-Shammari, MS, “Copper recovery from wastewater using an electrochemical rotating barrel reactor”, 2002
Electrochemical and Fuel Cell Lab in 15-5207.
- Almarai National Award for Scientific Innovation, KACST, 2011
- Patent Award. KFUPM, 2011
- Excellence in Research Award, KFUPM, 2008
- Excellence in Teaching Award, KFUPM, 2007
- Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award, KFUPM, 2006
- Nominated for the Excellence in Research Award, KFUPM, 2006
- Nominated for the Excellence in Research Award, KFUPM, 2005
- College of Engineering Sciences Research Award, KFUPM, 2004
- Teaching and Advising Award Nomination, KFUPM, 2003
- College of Engineering Sciences Research Award, KFUPM, 2003
- UNESCO Science Prize University Nomination, 1999
- University Grant Scholarship for Master Degree at IIT Bombay, 1988-1990
- Member of the Higher Board of International Indian Schools in Saudi Arabia. The Higher Board is appointed by HE the Ambassador of India to the Kingdom and oversees the operations of 10 Schools catering to 50,000+ students.
- Honorary Academic Director of Dunes International School, Al-Khobar. One of the most mordern and equipped school offering CBSE curriculam in the Kingdom
- Former Member of the Management Committee of International Indian School, Dammam. The school caters to 16,000+ students
Room 16-205, PO Box 5050, Chemical Engineering Department
email: srahman [at] kfupm [dot] edu [dot] sa