1. Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Fath, H., Al-Khaldi, Fahd "Numerical Simulation and Analysis of a Newly Patented Desalination and Power Generation cycle" Water Technology Conference, Alexandria, Egypt 1999. p302.
2. Al-Khaldi, F., Abu-Sharkh B. ”Improving Energy Utilization of the Industrial Sector in Saudi Arabia”. The Fifth Saudi Engineering Conference, March 1, 1999. Vol 4, p471.
3. Abu-Sharkh, B. “Glass Transition Temperatures of Polar Polymers from Molecular Dynamics Simulation” Saudi French Workshop on Materials and Modeling, Nov, 1997. p371.
4. F. AlKhaldi, H. Fath, B. F. Abu-Sharkh, “Feasibility Study of A newly Patented combined Water Desalination and Power Generation Technology” IDA World Conference on Desalination and Water Reuse. October 1997, Spain. Vol 4, p209.
5. G. O. Yahya, B. J., E. Hamad, B. Abu-Sharkh, “Functionalized Poly(Organosiloxanes) as Combined Solvent/ Carrier Systems in Facilitated Transport of Biotransformation Products through Supported Liquid Membrane”, 3rd International Conference on Chemistry in Industry, Bahrain, Nov18-20, 1996. p122.
6. Jose O. Valderrama, B. F. Abo-Sharkh “A Generalized Correlation for the Density of Pure Liquids and Liquid Mixtures” 10th IUPAC Conference on Chemical Thermodynamics, August 29-2 September, 1988, Prague-Czechoslovakia
8. B. Abu-Sharkh "Influence of branch content on miscibility of HDPE/m-LLDPE: MD study" Polymer Processing Society, Melborn, Australia, 2003.
9. B. Abu-Sharkh "Degradation and stabilization of polypropylene/ palm cellulose fiber composites", Microsymposium on Polymer Degradation and Stabilization. Prague, July 14-17, 2003.
10. Fahad A. Al-Khaldi, Saif D. Al-Qahtani and Basel F. Abu-Sharkh, "IMPROVED DESIGN FOR HARADH GAS PLANT ENERGY SYSTEM"; IEEE, Izmir, Turkey, July 2003.
11. Zaki S. Seddigi, Basel Abu Sharkh,; Mustafa Achoui,; Mohammed Fettouhi, Mustafa Hariri; Mazen Khaled, Ali T. Lounici, Mohammed Makkawi, Mohammed Samman,; Zain H. Yamani, "Scientific Research at KFUPM: Obstacles and Possible Solutions" Discussion Forum on: Research at KFUPM : Challenges and Opportunities, Organized by Deanship of Academic Development, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, May 2003.
12. Kahraman, R., Abu-Sharkh, B. F. and Abbasi, S., “Processing and Characterization of Palm Fiber-Polypropylene Composites with Coupling Agent Epolene E-43”, The First International Cappadocia Mechanical Engineering Symposium (CMES1-04), Cappadocia-Urgup, Turkey on July 14-16, 2004 C-13 13. S. Asrof Ali, Y. Umar, H. Al-Muallem, B. F. Abu-Sharkh "A novel hydrophobe in the synthesis of associating ionic polymers" 5th Saudi Science Conference, King Abdula-Aziz University, Jeddah, 2004.
14. Zaki S. Seddigi, Basel Abu Sharkh, Abdulrahim Al-Ghamdi,; Abdulwahab Al-Ghatani; Mazen Khaled, Mohammed Makkawi, Khalid Gasem, "Scientific Research & Technology Development in the Arab World: Obstacles and Possible Solutions"
15. Basel F. Abu-Sharkh, Ibnelwaleed A. Hussein, Nasir M. Tukur "MD Simulation Study of the Influence of Branch Content on Crystallization of Branched Polyethylene Chains with Uniform Branch Distribution", International Conference on Polyolefins 2004:Innovations in Operations Excellence & Business Optimization, Society of Plastics Engineers, Houston, Texas, February22-25 2004.
16. Ramazan Kahraman*, Basel Abu-Sharkh and Sarfraz Abbasi "Processing and characterization of palm fiber polypropylene composites with Epolene G-3003 coupling agent" Fifth International Conference on Composite Science and Technology ICCST/5, 1-3 February 2005, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
17. Basel F. Abu Sharkh, Rehan A. Chaudhry, Ibnelwaleed A. Hussein "Influence of Molecular Parameters and Processing Conditions on the Rheology of Hydrogenated Nitrile Butadiene Rubbers" 20th meeting of the PPS conference in Akron, Ohio, 2004.
18. Ibnelwaleed A. Hussein, Rehan A. Chaudhry, Basel F. Abu Sharkh "Study of the Miscibility and Mechanical Properties of NBR/HNBR Blends" 20th meeting of the PPS conference in Akron, Ohio, 2004.
19. Raafat Alnaizy, Sayem Musamdar, B. Abu-Sharkh "Amphiphilic Polyelectrolytes as Primary Flocculants/Coagulants in Water Treatment: Dynamic Light Scattering Study" EWRI '04 World Water & Environmental Resources Congress, Salt Lake City, Utah, June 27-July 1, 2004.
20. Sayem Musamdar, Mazen Khaled, B. Abu-Sharkh, Raafat Alnaizy, "NOM removal from water using amphiphilic polyelectrolytes as primary coagulants: Uv absorption and TOC analysis" 6th International Conference on Chemistry in Industry, Bahrain, 24-27 September, 2004.
21. S. Asrof Ali,* Yunusa Umar, Hasan A. Al-Muallem, B. F. Abu-Sharkh "A novel hydrophobe in the synthesis of associating ionic polymers", The second Saudi Science Conference, 15-17 March 2004, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Absracts, CHEM 269, Part three: Chemistry and Geochemistry, p.34.
23. Yunusa Umara, Hasan Al-Muallem, Sk. Asrof Ali, Basel Abu-Sharkh, "Synthesis and solution behavior of associating polyelectrolytes containing a novel hydrophobe", 40th IUPAC World Polymer Congress ,Paris, France, July 4-9, 2004 IUPAC World Polymer Congress M A C R O 2004. Accepted. Submission reference: #3452.
1. B. Abu-Sharkh, A. Sunaidi, E. Hamad ‘Simulatin and equation of state development for fused hard spheres using nonadditive hard sphere interactions’ 17th IUPAC conference on chemical thermodynamics, Rostock, Germany, 28 July-2 August 2002
2. F. Al-Khaldi, B. Abu-Sharkh, Banghkok, SPE, Thailand, 2003.
3. T. Hameed, B. Abu-Sharkh, I. Hussein ‘MD simulation of the miscibility of m-LLDPE and LDPE’ 6th Saudi Engineering Conference, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, December 2002.
4. S. Waziri, B. Abu-Sharkh, S. A. Ali, I. Abu-Reesh ‘Protein partitioning in two phase aqueous polymer systems of APE’ 6th Saudi Engineering Conference, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, December 2002.
5. A. Giri, I. Hussein, B. Abu-Sharkh ‘Miscibility of ZN-LLDPE and m-LLDPE from MD Simulation’ 6th Saudi Engineering Conference, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, December 2002.
6. F. Al-Khaldi, B. Abu-Sharkh ‘Improving water management of the industrial sector in Saudi Arabia’ 6th Saudi Engineering Conference, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, December 2002.
7. Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Tukur, N., Hussein, I. “Investigation of Structure-Conformation Relationships in Molten m-Polyethylenes by Molecular Dynamics Simulation”, 3rd Pacific Conference on Rheology, Vancouver, July 8-13, 2001.
8. Yahaya, S., Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Badawi, H. “Influence of Tacticity of the Glass Transition Behavior of Polyacrylamide” First Saudi Conference for Sciences, 15-20 April, 2001.
9. Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Shaikh, S., Ali, S. A., Hamad, E. Z. "Exploiting hydrophobic protein-polymer interactions in bioseparation", AIChE 2000 National Meeting, Los Angeles, Nov 2000.
10. Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Hamad, E. Z. "A new approach to simulating chain characteristics"", AIChE 2000 National Meeting, Los Angeles, Nov 2000.
11. Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Shaikh, S., Ali, S. A., Hamad, E. Z. "Solution Properties of Polyacrylamide/styrene Copolymers with High Hydrophobe Content" 217th ACS meeting, New Orleans, August 21-26, 1999.
12. Abu-Sharkh, B. F., Badawi, H. and Hamad, E. Z. "Molecular Modeling of Poly (vinyl alcohol)" Workshop on Engineering Applications of Polymers, May 1999, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
13. B. F. Abo-Sharkh, R. H. Atalla “Investigation of Electron Transport in the Plant Cell Wall”, The 8th International Symposium on Wood and Pulping Chemistry, Helsinki, 2, p23 (1995).
14. Abosharkh B, Atalla RH "Photoconductivity in wood: Evidence for electron transport pathways in native lignin." ABSTR PAP AM CHEM Soc 211: 130-CELL Part 1 MAR 24 1996
15. B. Abo-Sharkh, E. J. Crosby, S. Dunn “CMA Production from Cellulose Waste” Recycling and Treatment of Cellulosic Waste, Boston, MA, p73, 1991.
16. B. Abu-Sharkh, S. Oloreigby, H. Badawi “Influence of Tacticity on Glass Transition in Polyacrylamide: Molecular Dynamics Simulation” 1st Saudi Science Conference, April 2001.
17. B. Abu-Sharkh "Feasibility of multiple choice exams in higher chemical engineering courses", Workshop on Coordination of Multi-section Courses and Multiple-Choice Exams, KFUPM, Dhahran, 04 January 2004.