Summary of Experience RECORD (RESUME)
Date of Birth : January 20, 1961
Place of Birth : Saudi Arabia
marital Status : married
Nationality : Saudi
address : KFUPM Box 105
king Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
Tel.: (03) 860-2850 (Office)
(03) 860-5552 (Home)
Fax: (03) 860-2879
B.S. in Civil Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 1984.
M.S. in Construction Engineering and Management, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, June 1987.
M.S. Thesis: “Construction Financing in Saudi Arabia”.
Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Construction Materials & Corrosion), Pennsylvania State University, USA, December 1996.
Ph.D. Thesis: “Effect of Environmental and Mechanical Conditioning on Bond between FRP Reinforcement and Concrete”.
Main area of specialization is materials and structures. Research interests include durability of construction materials, corrosion of steel reinforcement, repair of concrete structures, cathodic protection, application of advanced composite materials in construction, especially the Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) reinforcement.
· Jan. 1983-Oct. 1983 Engineering assistant during co-operative program in Bechtel Company at San Francisco, California.
The accomplished work was on design calculation and layout of the departure road retaining walls and the utility way, in King Fahd International Airport project.
· June 1-Aug. 24, 1985 Worked in Saudi ARAMCO on land development activities.
· 1984-1987 Graduate assistant, College of Environmental Design, KFUPM.
· 1987-1990 Lecturer, Materials and Building Technology Section, Measurement, Standards & Materials Division, Research Institute, KFUPM.
· 1993-1996 Worked on research project funded by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) in Penn State University, USA. The title of the project was “Accelerated test methods to determine long-term behavior of fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) composite materials”.
· 1996-2005 Assistant Professor, Materials and Building Technology Section, Center for Engineering Research, Research Institute, KFUPM
· 1996-present Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, KFUPM.
· Member of the American Concrete Institute.
· Member of the American Concrete Institute, Saudi Arabian Chapter.
· Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
· Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Saudi Arabia Section.
· Member of the Saudi Council of Engineers.
· Member of the Saudi Society of Civil Engineers.