Honors and Awards:
· Received third honor for the BSc Degree in Civil Engineering from KFUPM, 1984.
· Received the Phi-Kappa-Phi honor society recognition for the excellent achievement in the course work during the PhD program, 1995.
· Prince Muhammad Award for the Team of “Corrosion Research–PN 25057,” April 1992-July 2000, Research Institute, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
· Outstanding Project Team Award (2000) for the team of “Concrete Durability” project sponsored by Saudi ARAMCO, Research Institute, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
· Prince Muhammad Award (2001) for the Team of “Comparative Study of the Performance of Hadeed Quenched Steel Bars with Other Products in the Market,” March 1997-June 2000, Research Institute, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
· Distinguished Research Team Award (2003-2004) for the Corrosion Research Project sponsored by the Royal Commission.
· Outstanding Applied Researcher Award of the Research Institute for the year 2003-2004.
· Technical Editor of the AJSE theme issue on “Advances in Concrete Technology and Repair”.