Participation in Unsponsored Research Projects
These projects were conducted either independently or in association with colleagues at the University either as part of graduate/undergraduate projects or small investigations for research publications.
1. Characterization, testing and stabilization of sabkha soils.
2. Mix design for hot-weather concrete.
3. Sulfate attack on plain and blended cements in sulfate-chloride environments.
4. Corrosion of reinforcing steel in concrete exposed to sulfate-chloride environments.
5. Corrosion-resistance and bond strength of epoxy-coated reinforcing steel bars.
6. Effect of corrosion inhibitors on the corrosion-resistance of reinforced concrete.
7. Effect of concrete surface coatings on the corrosion-resistance of reinforced concrete.
8. Effect of corrosion inhibitors on the pore solution chemistry of plain and blended cements (in progress).
9. Shrinkage characteristics of plain and blended cement concretes.