a) Refereed Journals:
Farooq, S. and R.I. Allayla "Potential
of Water Development in
2. Yazicigil, H., R.I. Allayla and R. de Jong "Numerical Modeling of the Dammam Aquifer in Eastern Saudi Arabia," Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering., Water Resources Edition for Arid & Semi Arid Regions V.11 No.4 1986.
Farooq, S. and R.I. Allayla "Study
of Water Transportation to
Yazicigil, H., R.I. Allayla and R. de Jong, "Optimal Management of a Regional
6. Allayla, R. I., H. Yazicigil and R. de Jong "Numerical Modeling of Solute Transport in Dammam Aquifer," Water Resources Bulletin, V.24, No.1, 1988.
7. de Jong, R., H. Yazicigil and R.I. Allayla "Scenario Planning for Water Resources: A Case Study," Water International Journal, V.14, No.1, 1989.
Al-Suwayyan, A. and R.I. Allayla "Origin of the Saline Ground Water in Wadi
Rasheeduddin, O., H. Yazicigil and R.I. Allayla "Numerical Modeling of Multiaquifer System in
10. de Jong, R., R.I. Allayla and W. Selen, Alternative
Water Management Scenarios for
11. Khondaker, A., M. Mohsen and R.I. Allayla "A Variational Finite Element Solution for the Navier-Stokes Equation," Hydrosoft Journal, Dec. 1990.
12. Bhuiyan, M. A., R. I. Allayla, T. Hussain, A. Ishaq and M.F. Mohsen "Solution of the Transport Equation by the Collocation Method in Conjunction with the adaptive Hermite Element Family," Water Resources Research Journal, Vol.26 No.11, Nov. 1990.
13. Khondaker, A., R.I. Allayla and T. Hussain "Ground- Water Contamination Studies - The State-of-the-Art," Critical Review in Env. Control Journal, Vol. 20, Issue 4, 1990.
14. Allayla, R.I., R.L. de Jong and W.J. Selem, Alternative Strategies in Water Resources Development," KACST publication No. 50, 1991.
16. Allayla, R.I., R.L. de
Jong and H. Yazicigil, "Optimum Development of Dammam Aquifer in the
17. Farooq, S., A. K. Al-Yusef, R.I. Allayla and A. Ishaq "Tertiary Treatment via Pilot Scale Slow Sand Filtration," [Environmental Technology Vol. 15 pp 15-28 (1994)].
18. Mohammad, N., R.I. Allayla, G.F. Nakhla, S. Farooq and T. Hussain, “State-of-the-Art
Review of Bioremediation Studies”, Journal of Environmental Science & Health.
19. Ishaq, Achi M.,
20. Khondaker, A. N., Al-Suwayyan, M. S., Mohammad, N., Allayla, R. I., "Tidal Effects on Transport of Contaminants in a Coastal Shallow Aquifer", AJSE special issue on Water Resources in arid regions.
21. Mohammed, N., Allayla, R. I., Nakhla, G.F., “Modeling Transport and Biodegradation of BTX Compounds in Saturated Sandy Soil”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 54, pp.155-174, 1997.
22. Al-Assar, R., H.M. Badr, R. I. Allayla, “Viscous Flow Over a Sphere with Fluctuations in the Free Stream Velocity”, J Computational Mechanics 25 (2000)
23. Mohammed, N.,
and Allayla, R. I.
“Effect of Groundwater Velocity on
Pilot Scale Bioremediation of Gasoline Contaminated
24. Khondaker, A. N., Allayla, R. I., “Modeling Aggressive Solute Transport in Porous Media”, submitted to Water Resources Research (under review)
25. Khondaker, A. N., Allayla, R. I., “Numerical Simulation of Water Table Rise
26. Khondaker, A. N., Allayla, R. I., “Soil Moisture Rise and Water Table Fluctuation in Jubail City, Saudi Arabia – A Case Study”, prepared for The Arabian Journal for Science and Technology (under review)
1. Bakr, A, R. I. Allayla, A.E. Dabbagh and A.G. Maadhah, "Importance of Applied Research in Developing Water Resources in Saudi Arabia" (in Arabic), Proceedings Ministry of Planning Seminar on Development of Water Resources and Uses in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, March 8-10, 1982.
Allayla, R. I. and R.
de Jong "Saline Intrusion Along the
Allayla, R. I. "Theoretical Analysis of the
Groundwater Contamination Problem," Proceedings of the Second International
Conference on Ground Water Quality Research,
Farooq, S. and R. I. Allayla. "Feasibility Study of Water
Transportation of Fresh-Water to
Khararjian, H., F. Mohsen, R. Siddiqi and R. I. Allayla, "Theoretical and Experimental Evaluation of
Single Activated Sludge," Proceedings of the Specialty Conference,
Allayla, R. I. "Numerical Modeling of Contaminants in
the EOCENE Formation," Proceedings of American Water Resources
7. Allayla, R. I. "The Use of Predictive Models in Ground Water Contamination Problem, A Case Study” EOCENE Formation, Saudi Arabia," Proceedings of International Conference on Infiltration Development and Application, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Jan'1987.
Khondaker, A. N., M. F. Mohsen and R. I. Allayla, "A Variational
Approach to the Navier-Stokes Equation,"
Proceedings, ASCE Conference on Advancement in Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics
Allayla, R. I. “Evaluating The
Region’s Capabilities to Respond to and Clean up From a Major oil Spill” Pro-Active
Crisis Management Conference,
Allayla, R. I., M. Rasheeduddin and W. A. Abderrahman,
“Shallow Groundwater and Desert Greening
in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia”, Joint Saudi-Japanese Workshop on
Utilization and Conservation of Water and Soil for Desert Greening, sponsored
by Petroleum Energy Center, Tokyo, Japan, and The Research Institute, KFUPM,
c. Funded Research
· Co-Investigator "Nitrogen Removal of Compartmentalized Activated Sludge Process," Hraj Khararjian, Principal Investigator, KACST ( Formerly SANCST ) Extension Grant # AR-3-16
· Principal Investigator "Optimum Development of Ground-Water Resources in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia," with H. Yazicigil and R. de Jong, KACST Research Grant # AR-5-112
· Principal Investigator "Alternative Strategies in Water Resources Development," with R. de Jong and W. Selen, KACST Research Grant # AR-6-134
“Natural Perils Exposure to
· Program Manager “Contaminant Transport Model for the Ras Tanura Groundwater Investigation” Saudi ARAMCO-Research Institute. Project No. 24150
· Member “Corrosion Research Project” The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu-Research Institute. Project No. 25057
· Member “Meteorological and Air Quality Baseline Studies” Saudi Consolidated Elecrical Company-Research Institute. Project No. 24149
· Program Manager “Investigation of Ambient Concentrations of Auto Emissions in Three Major Cities” Saudi ARAMCO-Research Institute. Project No. 24162